Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

What is my friend addicted to?

My friend is always nodding off and will be slumped over. His pupils are really small. He can be talking to me and just fall asleep in the middle of the conversation. Sometimes he's very talkative. He said it was pain pills but I'm not sure if pain pills do that to you or if it's heroin. He's been very paranoid lately.
It's hard to say.  Yes, heroin can cause pin hole pupils and sleepiness.  I hope it's not heroin.  Opioids in general can cause this.  Have you asked him specifically what he's taking?  Does he have needle marks or any needles with him?
Could definitely be pain pills - or heroin.