Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Withdrawal and Klonopin.

Since I used to drink excessively I suffer from withdrawals when I drink.  The only way I can drink these days is if I take an antianxiety drug the day after I drink.  I drink very infrequently.  Anyway, is Klonopin a drug that I can just take every once in awhile after having drank?  Or is Klonopin a drug which you have to take according to a specific regimen?
I hardly ever drink and when I do it is only a beer or two at the most.  The only time I drank a lot was when I was in college.  I don't know if I became addicted to alcohol during that time which was four years ago or my body can just not handle alcohol.  Samuel
I'am a ex Herion user and right now I'm on the Methadone program. I'm just wondering what kind of damage will this drug to do me if I stay on it to long? I've been on it 2 years now and I do have problems with my digestive system (irritable bowel)constipation. My finger nails and toe nails are getting thin,plus my teeth aren't doing to good either. I don't know if the Methadone has anything to do with this,that is why I'm asking. There is one more concern,at the age of 43 I'm all so starting to put on weight and that is not good! If you can help me out here I sure would appreciate it! Do you think I should come down on my dose?, right now I'm on 70 mg,what do you think I should?
I HAVE BEEN TAKING KLONOPIN FOR THREE YEARS. I TAKE 1/2 MG IN THE MORNING AND 1 MG IN THE EVENING. I NO LONGER WANT TO TAKE THIS DRUG. WHAT IS THE BEST SUGGESTION FOR THE TERRIBLE WITHDRAWEL HEADACHE I GET FROM THIS DRUG?
Jennifer, be careful coming off this drug, my Mom did the seizure & halucination thing bad coming off of a combo of klonopin & oxycontin. I searched on klonopin & the seizures can be caused from just coming off of it. Good luck to ya!
I TAKE KLONIPEN.FOR ABOUT 5MNTHS IM A RECOVERING VICODEN ADDICT.NOW IM WORRIED IF I WILL BE ADDICTED TO THIS MEDS?? THANK YOU...TAMARA W.
Yes, Klonopin is addictive too.