Withdrawal from Vicodin

I've been taking about 6 Vicodin a day for over & year & now I'm out. What will the withdrawal be like? Anything I can do as far as over the counter products or easy to obtain herbal or natural remedies? Please answer fast. Thanks
Is there a away I could email you personally? How can one obtain email addresses via this board without giving to everyone?

Thanks.

I'm Done
Hey, how are things going with you?

Rex
Help Me! My addiction to Norco is out of control. I am taking 800MGs a day (80 pills + 26,000!! tylenol). I know, I know... I am killing myself. I have tried to taper a few times but it is so hard. I have backed it down temporarily to about 200-300mgs of hydro a day and I can feel the affects. I have talked to a Dr. I can sort of trust. She is willing to helop me but I think she is still wary of my overall goals (I would be too if I were her! She is dealing with an addict). With this level of addition am I facing dangerous results from going cold turkey? I have requested either bup. clonadine patch or both from my doc to help. I only have about 30 norco's left in my possession and that will not change for a week or so. I am in for some pain. I need to know the best solution! How do Meth. clinics work? Inpatient only? Can I get meth. on the street and do the detox myself? Hard to tell from where I am right now but I have an incredible sense of discipline usually.

Please please help, I am starting to feel it bad!

I'm done (again!)
Yes I do have a lot of self discipline. I kicked alcohol (4 martini's a night for 10 years) by simply making a promise to myself one night. I have been alcohol-less for over a year now except I can go out and drink in moderation (I even got drunk once on a trip with friends) but I come home and don't touch the stuff for months on end. I hear what you are saying, my statement sounds arrogent, full of denial and so so hypocritical! This love of those little pills has absolutely been my downfall!

The reason for so many a day is that I avsolutely LOVE the felling it gives me. It helps me deal with others, maintain a higher (happier) attitude), get mor works done and better motivation. It now takes 20-25 Norcos (10/35) for be to even get a little buzz. So if I want 3-4 buzzes per day then thst is 60-80 pills per day! It is amazing how quickly it adds up.

You asked where I was, I am in the Wash DC suburbs. Where are you? And what kind of help do you think you could provide? I am a prominant business official and for me to go public with this sort of problem in my life could be career-threatening. For the first time in my life I feel scared, humbled, alone and just trying to take it one day at a time. So far today only 10 pills which is like NOTHING for me!!  I keep wondering why more people don't down as many as I do. It just seems so so easy!

Thanks for your care...

I'm Done
I have always had the "curse" of a high tolerance! I used to think it is "cool" but not any more.It took me about 6 months to go from a 5-10 pill a day max to abotu a 20 pill a day max. Let me also say that I have found 2 sources that supply me with 15/80 and 20/100 so during those RX's my Tylenol intake does take a dive for a short while. As I read all these posts I have though how the heck can these people derive ANY pleasure either recreational or medical from such small dosages for so long of a time!! It takes me so so much more to do the job! It is so discouraging looking at a brand new bottle of 90 10/325's and know it is only good for about 3-4 good "hits" which I could knock off in a day or two. I would love to be able to to take the opiates in the future to control pain *if* I was capable of being responsible, so far I have answered that question for myself and anyone else here... no I cannot be trusted! Very sad. As my RX's have allowed, I have fluctuated from as little as 20 a day to as much as 80 Norco. I am running really low right now and will probably be knocking back 8-12 a day then I will be OUT by about Tuesday. Sheesh, scary thought. I hope my post is not too long but I am trying to convey what got me here.

Love you guys,

I'm Done
80 pills a day. Geesh!!  How long have you been on them?  The most I have taken in a day is 12.  I've never taken more than 4 at a time and you're taking between 60 and 80 a day.  You've oviously been on these a very very long time to have to take 20 or 30 pills @ a time to get a buzz.  I would seriously think of getting your liver and kidneys checked asap.  You are going to do serious damage to them. Well, I'm almost certain you already have. I don't mean to scare you, but you need help right away.  Are you getting these pills illegally or is your doc prescribing them for you.  Cancer patients don't even take that much. I know because I have a father in law that's dying of cancer and he takes norco for the pain and he gets an excrusiating amount of pain. If you're taking 60 pills a day. THat means you're downing 2,940 pills a month. Do you have cronic pain?  I just want to understand this.  You have taken the first step though. Congratulations, now please get some medical help.
I am still comnvinced that this high of a daily dose should be addressed by a doc, and soon.

Not meaning to scare you, but just one of these "hits", would probably kill me, and I'm no wimp.

seek some help, and depend on us for emotional support if you need to.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck plus God's love to you.

Rex
hey rex,thanks for asking and now that you did ask,i am pretty close to lowering my dosage and you people here make me feel a lot better,i have a lot more courage than i probably ever did,and i cant say im about to stop all together,but its not my choice,fighting it is
I have no problems posting my email address to you or anyone else, we are all here to help each other. Since we are neighbors maybe we can help each other, I am like pinkit it only takes me 3-4 7.5's to get me my good warm feeling and when I have a good supply I take them 3 times a day if not then twice dailey, Right now I have 3.5 vikes left that I will take around 5 or 6. I used to panic but I have back up meds, I have ultram, clonidine and klonopin and a few 10mg valium. They don't take waya the mental part but I know I will not be sick, I'm done, are you male or female(does not matter) just wondering anyway email me at ***@****  I hope you have peace within today Love Badd
Well I must say you must have a high tolerance to go from 5 to 10 vics in 6 months. I've been on the vik's for a year and a half and the most I've needed to get the feeling is 4 pills @ a time. That's the 7.5 mg of hydro. Now you said you have 2 suppliers that you get the meds from.  Are they legal doctors. The reason I ask is because they make vicoprofen.  Maybe you should ask your doctor for that if your choice is going to be to taper. There's no way your doctor is prescribing you with 2000 some pills a month, right??  I'm tapering right now too. So we're in the same boat.  We're all drug addicts trying to get clean. We will one day be happy w/out these damn pills I hope.
Good luck...
hi all well i need help really bad and i hope you guys can,
I have a real bad habit on and off for about 1 year now and has become worse over the past 5 months, I started with maybe 2 percs a day and now im doing atleast 12 oxycodons 5mg each a day. and atleast 1 oxycotton 80mgs along with them at the end of the day. and sometimes even more. I have started breaking the capsules on the oxycodones and sniffing them. And then taking the pills too. What can i do to quit, I have tried to quit but get very bad cold sweats and pain like my skin hurts like a flu. I hope you can help thanks. Email me with any ideas .***@****
dave
DO YOU THINK YOUR FUNNY? YOUR NOT. THIS IS A FORUM FOR PEOPLE WHO NEED SUPPORT AND HELP, NOT FROM IDIOTS LIKE YOU. GO PLAY YOUR CHILDISH GAMES SOMEWHERE ELSE YOU LOOSER

Go away.
Want the big "V"....for sale....now.....email me
We are here to get off of drugs. So go push your Big "V" elsewhere, and get a life while your at it....because we are trying to live a normal one and people like you don't help.
THIS IS TO LAST COMMENT POSTED> YOU NEED TO GET OFF THIS FORUM IF YOUR TRYING TO SELL DRUGS.... IT IS NOT INTENDED FOR THAT PURPOSE AND YOU MIGHT END UP KILLING SOMEONE..
Great post. I wasnt that far but well on the way. You have come down a long road to recovery my fried!! Congrates.. Give yourself apat.. How long have you been clean this time? Im on day 8..Still have alot of aches but Im thinking more clear headed.. I have to go back to work tomarrow. Im kind of afraid of that.. I work around alot of people... Taking care of preschoolers. Theyre so loving and care free...    J.E.W.
I never thought I would be writing this letter, I gave up drugs and alcohol 20 years ago and my life had never been better, until I received a back injury at work, which I still never used any pain meds for only saw a bone cracker.  After about 4 years of being in and out of work I was introduced to Ultram which is non addicting?? To be honest at first they did work well, they gave me energy and relieved the pain.  I thought to myself "Hey great I found a drug that I could actually function on",needless to say the Ultram were short lived and I was inytoduced to VICODIN. Started out taking 1-2 a day as time went on the number rose to 3,4,5, 3 at time 4 at a time 5,6 at a time, and even 7, 8 at a time amounting to any where to 23 to 40 a day.  The worse part of the whole thing was I feel they were not working for the last year.  I recently became sick with a serious hand infection that me in and out of the hospital for the last 5 months, now you may not know how painfull sores caused by staph infection may be, but I can tell you the Vicodins were no longer working for the pain.  I can't prove it but I believe alot of my problem with my hands not healing for 5 months was caused by the massive amount of vicodin I was taking per day. After the 2 week stay and the 16 surgerys on my hand I'm finally on the road to recovery.  The pain has finally gone away, and thought I would start taking IBproufen, having the desire to leave the vicodin behind.  BOY WAS I WRONG...  By the end of the first day I thought I had food posioning, constant, trips to the restroom, unbearable amounts pain discomfort, I also had sweats, my bones ached from head toe, massive 5 to 6 hour headaches.  I never ran out long enough to beware of the consequences of being out of them. All I know is that I never wanted to go though this again. I do not believe that cutting down would work for me so I knew I had to do this on my own, I took lots of IBproufen, any stomach med I could get my hands on, and about 3 or 4 hot baths a day  I believe at this point each day gets easier. I take no credit in overcoming this because if you weigh out the physical and financial hardship that accompanies this, so all in all it becomes a great perswaider in it self.  GOOD LUCK
Hi All,

Does anyone know if clonodine can be used with the "Thomas" recipe along with Valium. Basically are there any dangers involved in mixing the Clonodine and Valium? Planning to kick a 100mg Oxy (snort) habit next weekend. I have ran out before for a couple of days and basically just sweated and felt like I had the flu. I wish I had known about this post sooner for all the helpful information and moral support. I have all the ingredients in the Thomas recipe as of tonight. Just going to use up the last of my perc's before the weekend. God bless you all. Thanks.

Jerry
Hey guys, I'm realtively new..just a quick question. I am very depressed (with little reason), and also battling a vicodin addiction. (about30mgs a day). I am taking Zoloft for depression, and just a few days ago started L-Tyrosine 1000mg, B-6, 100mg, and St. John's Wort. Am I on the right path? Any thoughts on the effectiveness of Zoloft? I've been taking about 150mgs per day for two weeks, no noticeable results. Thanks!!!
Hey Jenn, sorry it took this long for someone to post to your question. First thing first... not to make your habit seem small, but 30mg a day is really not that much! But beware, 30mg will become 60mg, which in turn becomes 120mg and so on! You can do this! Your withdrawals will not be as severe as someone who has been using for many years and at dosages as high as 300mg or more a day. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

You can safely detox at home. The first 3 days are the worse, you will feel like you've contracted a super flu...aching legs, twitching legs, the runs, nausea, sweats, chills...but all of these things usually pass after 3-5 days. Keep reading on this forum and you will find tons of support, advice and help. Not to mention love, encouragement and strength. I'm into day 4 of my detox. This is my 3rd attempt. But you must want to have your life back, without pills. Good luck and God speed. We are all here for you.

Kilo
By the way, Zoloft usually requires 2 weeks to establish an effective plasma level. Depression is a side effect of withdrawal from the Vicodin, so use the Zoloft, I have, it helps!
It sounds like you're on the right path. Stop now, I mean that!
Your addiction will must certainly get worse. It's 3-5 days of pay me now or pay me much more later. Good luck

Kilo
Thank you so much sweetie!I appreciate it sooo much. I'm curious, what's your story?

I'm new here and just had a question.  My mother in law takes vidodin ES...2 at a time...with 4 dramamine as soon as she wakes up and then about every 4 hours all day long.  She was recently hospitalized and the doctor determined that she has "chronic pain" and has prescribed a pain patch...not sure what is in it though.  Will she still face vicodin withdrawal or will the patch just take the place of her vicodin?
Thanks!  :)
Hi All

I came upon this forum and have read for the last hour about many situations. My heart goes out to all who have had struggles. I think that I am about to join you in those struggles.

The one thing that I haven't seen much here is the use of Vicodin that I have been participating in. Perhaps I am still at an early onset of the problem.

I have always like the feeling of Vicodin and when I cam accross a pill or two from friends or someone who had some, I would take it, have a beer or two and enjoy. It was no big deal.

About a year ago, however, I had the chance to buy a large quantity of pills and did... thinking to myself "this will be fun... I can enjoy them periodically." So I started out just taking a couple of pills on Friday and Saturday nights. Then I began taking them a few nights during the week. Long story short, I am now up to about 4 or 5 nights a wekk. I never take it during the day, only at night. If I have a day of no pills, then the next night I take 2, 2.5 the next night, 3 the next night and 3.5 or 4 the next and then I take a night off. This has been going on for at thuis rate for a few months now without causing any disruption in work or any other aspect of my life.However, last week, I went like this for 5 nights and, when I took my "night off", I found that I suffered from the restless legs, insomnia and anxiety. I was surprised because, since I was only taking it at night, I didn't think that it would effect me in this way. I know... pretty stupid, huh? Anyway, I am thinking that, at this point, I may be OK just tapering off and shouldn't need to seek professional help for other drugs to help me off of the stuff.... any advice?

Hi longweekend

You will want to post this in it's own topic. Just click on the Post a Question button at the top of the page. This is an old topic so alot of people don't look at the older topics. That way you can make sure you get your answers.

I am in a similar boat as you. I haven't been taking the meds for all that long. Started recreationally and it just grew and grew from there. But only for about 10 weeks. So I figured the w/d wouldn't be that bad. BOY WAS I WRONG!! I am on Day 4 now c/t and it is tough even though I wasn't taking it that long.

If you do decide to go the tapering route you really should have someone else hold the pills for you and dose them out for you according to your plan. Trust me, it is VERY easy to say you are going to taper off today and then that turns into tomorrow and the next day, etc. It's too easy to get caught up in that cycle. Whichever route you decide to go make sure you are ready and stick with it! It won't be easy but it is so worth it!! In the words of Michael_777, love and strength to you!
Thanks for your advice... it is much appreciated.

I will post the question as you suggested.

Good luck to you with your c/t... hang in there!!!
Okay I am also a 8-12 vic ES addict & will be stopping mid Jan I am so scared...reading all the comments help, but don't I printed out the Thomas recipe,. anyone help as far as will it work good? also I do have my Xanax .5 mg
hey buddy, listen, you posted on an old thread, and often when people post on old threads they get overlooked.

post this again, but start a new thread (where it says POST A THREAD at the top.)

and yes, the Thomas Recipe will help.  as well, there is a blood pressure med called Clonidine that works amazingly well for w/d symptoms...

good luck to you...

:)
mj
hello everyone this is my first time here and tomarrow im getting ready to kick my vic habit. i am a fms patient and take about 8 vic 10s a day and about 7 somas a day. i have kicked the soma habit but am scared to stop the vic i have been taking them for about 3 years. ive tried before but the pain was so intense i couldnt do it so i was wondering if i could get a little advise and anything else you have to give that may help. thank you hope to hear from you soon

super _scared

.
Post a new questio/cpmment so you will get more response.  This thread is old so I am not sure if these guys are around,  
This place is awesome.  The compassion and support here will help.
Please post again.
Also, read my journal for how to feel better during this.
Best of luck!
Just curious on how a fellow addict is doing......  I have had a prob. with vicodin for years quit a couple times but more recently for good:)  I have a 6 figure salary and I have gotten over the 10 pill a day mark  had I had quit long ago Id have a home and a ton of savings......(not so).   To any addict who reads this: cold turkey will prove to you that you CAN do it and that you NEVER want to do it again!!!!  I am on day 4 and it is still tough:(  the hardest for me is I still have yet to have natural dopemin responses so I'm really freakin depressed....I can deal with chills and body aches but, I want to be happy again on my terms!   One thing I suggest that really spikes the dopemine once it starts to respond is exercise!!! This helps out a lot.  
I have been to several doctors, several times and never get prescribed pain meds other than Ultram which does nothing.

I have chronic pain everywhere all the time and have for years. I never ask for pain meds or any specific ones for fear they will assume Im a junkie.

Ive researched alittle and want the doctor to test me for Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome because I have the symptoms.

I buy Vicodin basically from friends and neighbors to get by. Its costly.

How to I talk to the doctor about this?
What is it that you want to tell the doctor?  it would be good to post a new question as this is a very old thread
My girlfriends has been on vic and powder for years. She has had a vic habit of $1000  a week a was taking 30 pills a day. I knew she was doing something but she was always dishonest with me. She told me she was hustling and the stuff was for other people. She just recently came out with the truth because I was fed up with the things she was doing and how she was acting. She decided to quiet cold turkey 7/11/08 and and only had sickness one day but the cold and hot chills daily. Her childhood girlfriend told me she used powder on Sat. 7/12/08 to help her withdrawal symptoms easier. I was unaware of this until 2 days ago. I ask my girlfriend if she had taken any drugs of any type and she said no, not since the morning she decided to quiet. I think she is not being honest with herself or me. She has 3 kids but they are in no danger because they're clueless to mommy's addiction. She does things and is always trying to be secretive and when I ask questions we began to argue and somehow I'm the blame. I don't really trust her anymore because she finally came out to tell me but everything else has been a lie so what am I to believe now. She always so defensive so what am I to do at this point. I'm afraid if I leave her something bad will happen. Please help!!! I need advice bad!!!!
Welcome to the forum. You will find that addicts lie and deny and can be deceitful. The fact she is admitting this is a good sign.
What do you mean by powder?
How is this a good sign when she continues to lie and defend those who she uses with or those who she gets it from. I've never been in a relationship like this in my life. I don't appreciate the lies. When I try to account for her time and where abouts we get into fights but when I don't question her we get along fine. She's always tired still and I haven't seen any sign of withdrawal still too this day except for the first Saturday a week ago. I found out that after I went to work that Saturday that she did cocaine that day and she told her friend that it would help her to get through the withdrawal. Heck all of it is a lie and I don't want to ruin her friendship because the information is given to me in confidence; so what am I to do. She thinks she do this alone without help and by substituting it with another habit but it doesn't work that way. I know of people dying that way and I have to say I'm so confused right now. I know if I leave she may go back to the pills and more of the cocaine and I'll feel to blame.!!! MAN I'M JUST PISSED THAT RIGHT NOW ABOUT ALL OF IT.!!!
Cocaine is what i was speaking of. She tells me she not doing anything and that she completely from drug free but still having money issues and we've argued this weekend about her possibly using cocaine and she denies it to me 100% but tells her girl friend that she had some Friday night. Just this morning I told her that I was proud of her for being drug free for a week because that's what she's told me. However I just talk to the friend an hour ago and found out that she used cocaine while at her other girlfriend house on Friday night. Every time I think we're getting some where I only find out she lied to me.

I have been reading all the comment about the vic. I have been taking them for a 2 years now for back pain, i now am taking way more then i should, and i am scared to get off, I really think i need to change doctors, because mine just ask what do you want and he gives them to me. I need a doctor that cares. And one that i can talk to. I am a very private person going through a separation after 15 years, and i am taking more and more every day. I know I really do need the help, but i am scared, I was really feeling all alone until i started reading this site, Just pray for me. I could not tell my family, i would feel to ashamed. So thank you out there for all the words I have read. I will keep checking in daily to check this site.
you need to go to med school and get a full education of how drugs bind and interact with neurons because ultram definately would not be recommenable for an addict seeking to withdraw from vicodin; I know this is an extremely old thread; however i unintentionally came across this website by putting the keyword "turkey" in google for cooking suggestions and indiscreetly noticed "cold turkey" as a key word. I read onward, clicked the link, continued to read, and was appalled this controversy. Mr. Pink you are absolutely right Antoinnete should have seen a doctor, got NA support, or in any case she could have waited out "cold turkey" however if psysiological symtoms occured failing to cease wihin a a few fayy, it would be highly reccomendable to visit a doctor immediately.

What is Ultram?

Feedback for Ultram

User Reviews Avg User Rating
23 Reviews  7.1 Rate it!

Ultram is a narcotic-like pain reliever.

Ultram is used to treat moderate to severe pain. Ultram extended-release is used to treat moderate to severe chronic pain when treatment is needed around the clock.

Ultram may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.

What is the most important information I should know about Ultram?
You should not take Ultram if you have ever been addicted to drugs or alcohol.
Seizures (convulsions) have occurred in some people taking Ultram. You may be more likely to have a seizure while taking Ultram if you have a history of seizures or head injury, a metabolic disorder, or if you are taking certain medicines such as antidepressants, muscle relaxers, or medicine for nausea and vomiting.

Take Ultram exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take it in larger doses or for longer than recommended by your doctor. Do not take more than 300 milligrams of Ultram in one day.

Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine. A Ultram overdose can be fatal. Overdose symptoms of a Ultram overdose may include drowsiness, shallow breathing, slow heartbeat, extreme weakness, cold or clammy skin, feeling light-headed, fainting, or coma. Ultram may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Ultram should never be given to another person, especially someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it. Ultram can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert. Do not stop using Ultram suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, sweating, nausea, diarrhea, tremors, chills, hallucinations, trouble sleeping, or breathing problems. Talk to your doctor about how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when stopping the medication. Do not crush the Ultram tablet. This medicine is for oral (by mouth) use only. Powder from a crushed tablet should not be inhaled or diluted with liquid and injected into the body. Using this medicine by inhalation or injection can cause life-threatening side effects, overdose, or death.
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Ultram?
You should not take Ultram if you have ever been addicted to drugs or alcohol, if you are currently intoxicated (drunk), or if you have recently used any of the following drugs:
alcohol;

narcotic pain medicine;

sedatives or tranquilizers (such as Valium);

medicine for depression or anxiety;

medicine for mental illness (such as bipolar disorder, schizophrenia); or

street drugs.

Seizures have occurred in some people taking Ultram. Your risk of a seizure may be higher if you have any of these conditions:

a history of drug or alcohol addiction;

a history of epilepsy or other seizure disorder;

a history of head injury;

a metabolic disorder; or

if you are also taking an antidepressant, muscle relaxer, or medicine for nausea and vomiting.

Talk with your doctor about your individual risk of having a seizure while taking Ultram.

Before taking Ultram, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have:

kidney disease;

liver disease;

a stomach disorder; or

a history of depression, mental illness, or suicide attempt.

If you have any of these conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take Ultram.

FDA pregnancy category C. Ultram may be harmful to an unborn baby. Ultram may also cause serious or fatal side effects in a newborn if the mother uses the medication during pregnancy or labor. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment. Ultram can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby. Ultram should not be given to a child younger than 18 years of age.

Wow, someone went to a lot of trouble to post an agressive argument to a comment from SIX YEARS AGO! Thanks for the info, but maybe you should just keep looking for that turkey recipe...
I think I started taking hydrocodone a few years ago just for recreation and the "high" or "euphoria" that came with it.  I remember I had such control and discipline about taking hydrocodone.  I wouldn't take it during the week and it didn't affect my work, but on Friday evening, I'd take 6 of the Vicodin HP's and get that very nice easygoing "high" and get so talkative that I'd call my friends and just talk non stop or send emails, etc.  It gave me energy and vibrancy.  But then I wouldn't take it until the next Friday.  Then I allowed myself to take on Wednesdays and Saturdays and 3 years later, I'd addicted and I don't get close to the "Euphoria" feeling that I did 3 years ago.  Now I can easily take 25 of these Hydrocodone HP's on weekends and on weeknights, take 15-20 and still be able to go to work the next day.  I was doing this everday.  Then I had occasional "nod offs" in the afternoon at work and I don't know if this is because Hydro made me not sleep well the night before or it it "kicked in" many hours later.  My head would fall and I'd catch myself and this would last about an hour and then I'd do something to wake myself up before the end of work.  Right now I am between refills on my Hydro and got a script for Tramadol to carry me over for the next few days until I get my Hydro again.  I used to be able to handle the days between refills and lately, I've been drinking on those days.  I haven't had a drink for 25 years until now.  I feel I need something to "buffer" the effects of not having the Hydro.  I don't know why I need the Hydro and I only got the Tramadol to carry me over to the next refill of Hydro and I hate drinking but it does give me a "buzz" and some "euphoria".  I must be a true addict who's able to work and I've got caught a few times nodding off but I made excuses and those were taken as truth.  I have my first bottle of Tramadol and this is my first day and I just took one pill and I'm wondering "what the heck am I doing?  I"m an intellingent guy, is my life so empty that I need a chemical boost?"  It's almost like I can't imagine living without the Hydro.  How does someone taking 20-25 tablets a day of Hydro find true recovery and happiness?
I cannot believe that so many people are in such poor physical health that they have no alternative than to turn to these highly addicitive drugs for relief.  Whatever happened to taking care of yourself to begin with??

I am a 35 yo female and mother of 3 who has handled 3 natural labors/deliveries - 2 of my 3 children weighed over 9lbs., and also a 6 hour abdominal surgery to repair a tear in my lower abdominal muscles, which left me with internal staples from my pelvic bone all the way up to my ribcage - and, WOW, amazingly, I never got addicted.  In fact, I stilll have a 3/4 full bottle of Percocet sitting in my cabinet from my surgery last July.

Honestly, pain meds scare the hell outta me, rightly so.   They are dangerous, controlling CHEMICALS that are not natural.

It is frightening to read all of these posts that recommend using one drug to counteract the WDs from another drug!!!??? WTF?

God created us as strong, able-bodied human beings. We are capable of dealing with anything.  So much of our physical pain is mind-over-matter and/or caused b/c we, as a society do not value our bodies and do not take care of them on a daily basis.

It is shameful to be part of a society that so freely hands out these Rxs like candy.  I'm sure the big CEOS of the Drug Companies have something to do with that...just like with tobacco.

I am currently living with a spouse who has turned to the use of Vicodin - and I am just dumb-founded.   Yes, life is difficult, sometimes we have battles to fight and it is an up-hill struggle, but abusing drugs is so very hurtful to so many.  Just remember that we all walk along this life together, maybe if we remembered to hold one another's hands more, and not walk all over each other, we could all handle life's battles without the help of those little, destructive pills.

God's peace to all
Wow. You get on here & post your comment with such judgment! 3 natural childbirths...yadayada...
I guess you are superwoman? More power to you.

"I cannot believe that so many people are in such poor physical health..."

Addiction is physical as well as mental.

Instead of posting such a rude & judgmental comment, you should count your blessings and be thankful that you do not have an addiction.

Hopefully your judgmental and full of yourself attitude is only on here and not at home. An addict needs support. Not judgment.  
Your going to feel anxious,your legs are going to hurt, you'll have the runs, may have a hard time sleeping, mood swings, depressed, I myself keep trying to find away to get more, I quit cold turkey it was the worst ! But lots of bananas, just working your legs out, stretching, finding things to do, get your self on a schedule 6am to 9am whatever works for you, keep advil on you. Cry if that makes you feel better. It took me 6 months to break 100% free even two years later I still find myself craving it every now and then. Its going to hurt in ways you never thought, DON'T GIVE IN ! After about a week your going to start feeling a little better. Also keep talking to people everyday about the pain it dose help and remember Vicodin is a downer ! One more time it is a DOWNER ! Stay around people keep in touch and know matter how bad it gets I promise it will get better.    
LOL....this conversation happened between friends over 7 years ago people!  

I did find myself captured by them and wished they were still here, as I'm fighting my own demons now.

If any of your original 2002 posters are still out there, give an update.  Are you clean?  

Thanks!!
i am on my 2nd day of no lortab 10. much ,like everyone i abused them. instead of 3 a day i found quite useless so i gradually moved the dosage up, now its ridiculous. iv had everything ,listed above, bathroom, shakes, sweat, hot and cold, anxiety! what do i do? i haven't spoken to my dr. my app.it  isent due till the 7th for march.which is 50 miles away. should i call him and explain or wait till my visit? all i know is i need help! or should i go to rehab???? im scared plz help...
.
hey guys, i have been on vicodin 10/3.25 for a year now and i am trying to ween my self off of them. i have 20 left and my insurance just got cut off. so i can not go back to the dr. i am only on 4 a day sometimes i only take 2 total ( both at the same time) or i will take a total of 6 ( 2 at a time every 4-6 hours) depending on the pain level but never more than that. i dont know what to expect when i come off of these. i am trying to go as long without them as i can before i take one. today is day 2 i did not take any yesterday and none today so far and my legs are achy and my hips are hurting and i am starting to get headaches in addition to my normal chronic back pain. is this normal? what else is to come?