Withdrawal worse everytime

I am wondering why physiologically withdrawal symptoms get worse everytime you go through them, I have severe cluster headaches and don't take norco all the time,  but when I need to take them when I am in a bad cycle, (a cycle can last anywhere from 3-5 days) I go through withdrawals, the bone pain, achiness, all of it.  I t didn't use to be this way, but now it happens everytime.  I would rather suffer the withdrawals then take them when I don't need to, but it is getting harder..can someone explain this to me?
I can only speak for me on why withdraws always got worse for me everytime I would quit. When I would quit every time, in which would only last no more than a month. Everytime I went back to the lorcet, I always would take more then the last time before I quit. Does that make since? So, of course when I would quit again, the withdraws were always worse. That's just how it was for me and hope that helps Hang in there Jessinda
Thank you, that is exactly the information I was looking for.
I'm sorry to break in on this thread but it is actually on topic since I am withdrawing from hydrocodone (AGAIN)--it has been 72 hrs since my last pill and my emotions seem to be all over the place!  The physical pain (my neck especially) seems to be worse this time. I am taking advil which does help!  I am going back and forth as to whether or not to schedule an appointment with this addiction specialist that is ready to ship me off to an in-patient treatment facility (this was just after talking with me on the phone)--I feel really confused right now and I know its all part of the drugs leaving my system.  Staying clean and sober is more important to me than ever so I will stay the course and depend on the wonderful people here---Thanks for listening--This seems to be better therapy than a shrink! Peace/Prayers--N.O. Lady AKA Mystere
I am sooo sorry that you have "fallen off the wagon and now the wagon train is running over you" as I put it.  I know the feeling.  This time I do have the option to taper which I hope helps.  But the biggest worry will be if I am strong enough do this "alone" as in doling out my own meds.  It would just seem so easy to say screw it!  I want to quit, I know that I should guit, but it is hard to quit!

Did you injure your neck or are the pains from WDs?  I broke my tail bone years ago and it has haunted me for years.  Sitting, standing or lying in one place too long sets it off.  It cant be fixed by surgery either.  AS for the arithtis in my hands, we only found that after I quit last time becuase it was masking the pain.  I work on a computer all day so this will be interesting to see were I will be this time.  My hands curl up and they dont have much dexterioty then.  My hopes are with you.

Email me if need to talk I check my computer all the time
***@****
Oh yeah, forgot to tell you if you look further down this page you will see question about the drug you are asking about.  Hope this helps.  Click on it and ask your answers!
First, my sympathy for your having those cluster headaches. I understand they make migraines seem like a walk in the park! My doctor told me that an effective treatment for cluster headaches is to be put on pure oxygen, I guess until the pain subsides. I have no idea why this would work -- maybe our forum MD can explain. Anyay, it would necessitate repeated trips to the ER, but it might relieve your pain and eliminate the withdrawal problem. As a felow headache sufferer, I wish you well, Milo
Falan.....You really should sit down with your parents and discuss this project and let them help you with your search.  I just don't recall anything in 8th grade that would deal so specifically with a drug like fioronal.  Please, if you are wanting to experiment, don't!!   It really is not worth teh consequences.
Thanks for responding--I'm on my home computer that is why my nickname is Mystere and not N.O. Lady (My office computer)--I had neck surgery approx 12 years ago for 2 ruptured discs and they did what is called an anterior cervical fusion (took a bone graft from my hip to replace the discs)--Well the grafts didn't take and several docs have said I need more surgery--I can deal with the neck pain its the radicular (nerve pain) that igoes down my right arm that gets me! Some days I have no pain at all!
I am now 86 hrs since my last hydrocodone and I have to tell you I am feeling much better! I know I'll never be able to take narcotic pain meds again responsibly--Its a choice addict or getting my life back which is something I want desperately! This forum has saved my sanity more than once--If you need support this is the place to be! Thanks so much for caring Peace/Prayers Mystere/AKA N.O. Lady--Hang in there you CAN DO IT!!!
86 HOURS!!  WHOO HOO!!   Keep it up, Missy!!!   You sound like you're doing quite well.  Are ya sleeping at all?  Doin' the bath thing?  I read about your husband writing a note for you...He's comin' around, all right..  And each day he sees his "woman" returning more and more, he will be supporting you 110%...It will be a new beginning for you TWO--not just you!!  How cool is that?  And isn't that  wonderful incentive to stay clean?   I think you're doing great. take the money you would have spent in-patient and put it towards a get-away for you two in 6 months or so... Talk to you later...Love, Peazy
Hi to everyone, first time to comment. I've never had any problem with any drugs, so I read all your comments as an outsider, but with much empathy. My husband had a very bad Perc. problem when I first met him (heroine and methadone before that), but for most of the 24 yrs we've been together, he's been relatively clean.  However, he fell of the wagon about 18 months ago-big time with Percocet and Oxycon. We felt CT would be the best way to go, as we have a business that he can't be away from. We're 3 weeks into this, and although we're past a lot of the real ugly stuff, I am very worried about his terrible depression and general disinterest in life. He's taking Prosac and a few helpers for sleep. We're on the Thomas recipe, but he just doesn't want to eat. Any suggestions? Although he's done this b-4, he says its much worse this time, but says no to MD help.
You can tell by my nickname I'm at work! How is my guardian angel?  Today I feel great!--I can't quite put my finger on it but I have never been this committed to remaining clean and sober! It was if all of those other times were sort of half hearted efforts!
Plus I never thought i would have the wonderful support from my husband!--Also I've been using the Thomas Recipe and I think one of the things that has made a tremendous amount of difference is the Wellbutrin (Anti-depressant)--I think one of the reasons I always relapsed was that I couldn't handle the hopeless depression--I have been sleeping although not the entire night but I seem to be handling it OK.  I can see the light at the end of this tunnel and it is getting brighter by the day!  I don't think I could have come this far without your love and support! Thanks so much Peazy and everyone else who has responded to my cries for help!  Peace and Prayers N.O. Lady AKA Mystere
That's a big 10-4 on the Welbutrin, buddy.......And since I quit smoking four months ago (Hold your applause....LOL) I definitely think it helps w/ those cravings, too. And no weight gain.  I'm on my way to the stars......:-)  Peazy-pie
You Go Girl--(Congrats on the quitting smoking)  I'm taking care of one addiction at a time. In fact my Gyn doc started me on the Wellbutrin to help me quit smoking--I never dreamed it would help so much with my withdrawals! 4 months smoke free is wonderful!  Keep it up!  Thanks for all your love and support!
N.O. Lady AKA Mystere
I wonder if I can take Celexa and Welbutrin at the same time, in addiction to my tabs, like an idiot, I started to smoke again. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid! LOL  Now, not only do I sit and watch tv all night, I chain smoke!  Atleast I was acommplishing some work before I statred smoking, now hardly any at all since I have the self imposed rule of only smoking at the fireplace, which by the way, is not close to the office at all.  

Second Day of tapering.  Feel anxious mostly, nothing besides the good old pain coming back.  Good Luck everyone.

I am an 8th grader and i needed some questions answered to finish a project. I was wondering what happens in your body when you take Fiorinal. Also what are the withdrawl symptoms. Answer ASAP please. I appreciate your help greatly.
You might want to post your email ASK YOUR PARENTS FIRST!!!!! So that they can answer you directly.  That way you can get your answers faster.  Also there is another web page call
drugabuse.com.  You might find your answers there.  I would help but that is not my drug of choice.  Just remember:  JUST SAY NO!  How many times have you heard that.  Lots of people think that they can handle it, but it really handles you.  You might want to sit down with your parents and read some of these posts.  I only say with your parents becuase you might have some questions about stuff that you don't understand.

Good Luck on your project.
Dear Dreamin:

I am not aware of any benefit from oxygen for cluster headache.  Ask your physician for some indomethacin, a non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug,  which has a unique property for helping cluster headaches. It is important to know that there can be gastric problems with this drug, so one must be careful in protracted usage.
Please keep in mind that the 'Norco' may be CAUSING your cluster headaches. I was taking fiorinol & Percocets for over a year everyday and had previously NEVER had a migraine or cluster headache ever. Fot the last 4 months I would wake up with a migraine and would medicate myself 24/7. I has a migraine apon waking till bedtime. The only releif was sleep or taking meds (even so, they would only help for a couple hours).If I took too much medication, it would bring on a headache, If I took too little my headache would escalate. It has now been 4 days since I took a fiorinol (which my doctor dsays is notorious for rebound headaches) and 3 weeks since a percocet (though I AM on 24mg of methadone for narcotic addiction). I can confidently say that the Fiorinol and Percocet were CAUSING the excruciating headaches. In the last 4 days, I have only taken Naproxyn (prescription Ibuprophen).The headaches got worse at first but after the first 2 days, I stopped waking up with them and there would be more and more time between them. Its almost 12pm and I have not had a headache therefore have not needed any Naproxyn. This is revolutionary for me- I am not in constant pain causing me to be perpetually irritable. Maybe you should taper off the Norco and get some Naproxyn. Its a vicious cycle but you can break it and its SO worth it!
All the best, Robyn.
In answer to your question to what fiorinal does to your system:  you get really bad leg cramps, you throw up for about 4 days, you have the runs for about 4 days, you can sleep and you heart will race, you will be sweating one minute and freezing the next minute and the the best part you will cry almost constantly for about 2 weeks!

If you have any more questions you should ask your DARE Officer or Health teacher!

Hope this answers your question!  

I have been a vicodine addict for 4 years now.  I have been in recovery for 1 year with 4 relapses in that year. My withdrawals get worse each relapse. I know I took the vicoine/hydrocodone to excape feeling life.  I relapse when the feelings get to intense.  I was up to taking 6 vicodine/hydrocodone every 4 hours and I would chew them for a greater faster effect. I knew I was in trouble when I graduated to oxycoton.  The withdrawals were more than I could handle on my own and I had to get help.  I know now I am lucky to still be alive.  But I dream about vicodine/hydrocodone and still crave it everyday. But no more taking the easy way out of life.  Good luck to everyone.  Good to know I am not alone.
I have been reading this board for about an hour now and felt I could post here.  I am so desperately trying to get off vic/perc's.  It's been a little under a year since I started.  I started due to a back injury from a car accident.  Anyway, to make a long story short I so desperately want to get off these things...I have tried cold turkey but it is just so hard to do, so I am going to try cutting back.  I can't continue to live like this...I just can't.  I really would love to have a board I can post at and feel I am amongst friends.  I have 2 children, and one is only 2 years old, so it is very hard to quit...I have to be on top of my game all the time.  I keep reading about this Thomas recipe...can anyone tell me what that is...  I really want an need help.  I take about 4-6 vic/percs a day, if I have that many.  Today I had 1/2 of a 7.5 perc which I took a 6AM, but by 10AM I was hurting bad.  I was able to get some vic/5 so I am taking just enough for the pain to go away.  I know that I will have discomfort regardless of going cold turkey or weaning.  I really need help....Please
hi just read some of your posts and i know where you are coming from,  i cant seem to stop no matter what i say or do, i just got my refill for my duragesic patch but i cant get it til the 1st of the month, i went to the drug store yeserday and they said it was to soon to get them and i had to wait three days  i was so upset cause all iwanted was to get them so i would not have to feel the pain any more.  i hate to say it but i will go and get my script on thursday even though i know that it is wrong and that i want to stop but i just cant go through the hell of withdrawl.  i dont want to do this **** anymore  i dont know what to do. i just want to feel normal  and the sad part is that i dont know what that feels like anymore . as many of you   the first thing i do in the morning before i even brush my teeth is get up to take whatever i may have at the time i feel like i need to take 2or3 vics to get in the shower.. and another thing is when i am out of my pills  people can tell the difference whether i look diff or act diff its ****** up...  just wish i never started to take anything.. my only hope right now is to get to see the dr. that prescribes the ( bup)  and i pray to god that, that is my only way out of this hell.  if anyone knows anything about that drug (bup) please let me know if it really works !  i sure hope so cause that is my only hope at this point. thanks for listening again  im really gald that i found this site it does help  me  thanks again bye for now   gamzz
I know what you mean about not wanting to go through the withdrawal. It makes you feel like you just want to die but it does get easier. If I have vicodine its like I have to take it.  I can't stop the urge.  I take 5-6 at a time a chew them for a stronger affect and about two hours later I am taking them again.  I was clean for three months and I just relapsed a couple of days ago because the dentist gave me a prescription and I couldn't say no.  Once about three months ago I stole someone else precription at longs drugstore for 240 vicodine.  The bottle only lasted me 5 days.  That's when I know I needed to do something or this addiction was going to kill me. I met a woman once who's daughter was taking 20 vicodine a day.  Her daughter had a 2 year old and a new baby and one day her heart just stopped because of the vicodine.  It scares the hell out of me yet I still take it.  I have so much energy when I do, but I don't want to die.
hi, i just read your post and i know what you mean and it does scare me to think that i could overdose and never see my kids again, but there is a part of me that just doesnt care anymore, i get so sick of the run around and all the bullshit that i go through sometimes to get pills buti still do it over and over again,  i know that i can honestly say that i want to quit but itis  just so hard to do it.   when i take  my pills it seems like  i get everything done that i have to do, i go to work, my house is clean, my kids are takin care of and  in a nut shell the pills make me feel like im a better person when i take them because i do what i have to do. when i dont have them is when  everything starts to  fall apart. im so confused i dont know whatdo to anymore.  i just wish i never ever started taking them, i just want my life  back the way it was before,  can it ever be?  i hope so not only for me butfor the rest of us !!
thanks for understanding... gamzz

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community