MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Would it be possible to do through opiate withdrawal at home ?

I tried many times but it's super hard and after about 8 years on heroin I am scared that something might happen to me during withdrawal, I don't want to die, I'm extremely scared and don't know what to do or where to start? So I taper off opiates before I go cold turkey? Should I go to a place that has supervised withdrawal? Please help
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I think cold turkey is always a hard way to go.  Is there any way you can do this inpatient? With your history, that would obviously be best but know it is so expensive and hard.  This link is from Mayo Clinic which I personally trust.  They talk about tapering. You MUST taper. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/prescription-drug-abuse/in-depth/tapering-off-opioids-when-and-how/art-20386036  If you could get a doctor to give you a taper schedule, that would be best. Do you have ANYONE for support or to be with you?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community