Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Xanax questions

Hello all, I had a question for people whom are familiar with Xanax.  "if he's been taking one half a miligram Xanax a day for 3 months, will he suffer from withdrawals?"  As some of you know I was addicted to opiates So I'm not able to answer this myself not knowing much about Xanax.  
COMMUNITY LEADER
He will feel some discomfort........Why does he want off them?
Some guy I met at na says he was on Xanax for a couple months and he was hoping he didn't have withdrawals I figured at that length of time it wouldn't have that much affect. I was curious
Most likely he will feel a bit of discomfort. Luckily since the dose is low, it shouldn't be unbearable.