Xanax taper

I am tapering from Xanax. At one point I was up to 4 mg a day. Last night went down from 1 mg to .50. last night is the lowest dose I have taken in 3 years. What withdrawal symptoms should I expect. Is this why I am having the chills, achy jaw, tension headache, loose stool, dehydration. I am worried about what will happen to my psyche. I started Xanax for anxiety and runaway thoughts.
COMMUNITY LEADER
What you are feeling is normal.  How fast did you taper?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Dropping from 1mg to .50mg at once is a 50% drop. That is a lot. Why didn't you drop to .75mg?
I ran out of the 1 mg tablets, then took half a 2 Mg bar thinking it would be the same dose. The following morning my room was spinning for two hours, diarrhea, chills, ect. So want to stop this, I have been trying to jump down for 6 months. I know it should be a slow tapper, but have had luck so far getting down. I made it through today, going to stick with the .5 for a while. How long do you suggest? I did opiates CT over 3 years ago.
*have not had luck.
Is there a different chemical structure from the 1mg tablets compared to the 2mg bars?
Hi.......well being bi/polar I have had several runs on benzo  but I do remember just how hard xanex is to get off off  I did a slow taper with my doctor  it took around 6 months....with benzo you really do need a doctors supervision  you can go into seizure's if you go to fast  please get help form a doctor..................Gnarly

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community