Xanax

Dan
I have been on Xanax - 2mgs a day for 9 years.  In July of this year I started coming off this drug.  Today I am down to .5mgs a day.  But my problem is I can't seem to get any lower. I try to reduce (.37mgs a day) but the withdraw is so bad I go back to .5mgs. Any suggestions on how I can continue reducing the dose without the withdraw?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
pal...take your game somewhere else. 200 oxys my arse. there are sick people on here.what's your game? it's people like you who will make this drug unavailable for those who need it.street value...get help sicko
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
Ditto, no one here is drooling for any more fucken pills. We are all here to help each other get off these mothers. If you put 200 oxys in front of me right now I'd probably throw up, I'm so sick of looking at pills and am going to get off them or die trying.
Helpful - 0
In your previous post, you advised "listen to Dan" regarding benzos and the dangers of seizures. Just to let you know, Dan did not mention the threat of seizures with abrupt withdrawal from benzos. I did. Dan gave a detailed post about the color of xanax and corresponding dosage, along with some other rambling information. I wrote the short post about seizures. And I stand by my guns, as proved by your anecdote. To the person(s) withdrawing from xanax (or any benzo)--get help and be informed about the serious dangers that accompany this withdrawal.
(I'm just clarifying this because there are other folks out there who have professional and academic experience with addiction and/or medical concerns. Not just so-called-"Doc"-Dan)
Helpful - 0
Whats the problem no name? Why are you threatened by my posts? I try to give creditable information. Now that I removed my nickname after many complaints. You still have some sort of problem. Would you please stop being so petty. For heavens sake, Tom is just agreeing with what I am saying. There is room for everyones' comments and remarks. Also, small doses of benzo's DO NOT produce seizures. For example I have helped several people with the help of the treatment centers physician to detox small doses of valium,xanax and ativan without any seizures. LARGE DOSES of these drugs generally will cause seizures upon withdrawals. A doctor should always help with all detoxes with benzodiazepine derivatives! Above poster quit being so petty and let people comment with being such a whiner!!
Dan...
Helpful - 0
I look forward to dan's,toms and all comments. So quit complaining and make you own contributions. Like dan said quit being such a whiner! If you have something important to say just make your comment.  We can all get along here. So please!!
Peace Everyone
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community