Xanax

Dan
I have been on Xanax - 2mgs a day for 9 years.  In July of this year I started coming off this drug.  Today I am down to .5mgs a day.  But my problem is I can't seem to get any lower. I try to reduce (.37mgs a day) but the withdraw is so bad I go back to .5mgs. Any suggestions on how I can continue reducing the dose without the withdraw?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Brian, are you sure you didn't come back to this board to brag about your stay at the celebrity filled cushy resort? Please, spare us.  And Lynn, you give all addicts  a bad name.  Get off your lazy ass and get to the doctor for help or shut the hell up.  Here is a perfectly good place for you to get what you want!!! RELIEF!!  from your last postings you have shared that you lost a job because you couldn't handle withdrawal, so Its not like you have anything PRESSING to do.  Could it be that you would rather think about doing more drugs than actually having to stop?  Also, please don't lets acknowledge that loser Curious.  All he wants is attention. I know all you Lynn sympathizers are going to hate me, but at least I have the guts to post my name!!!!  Lynn, been there, quit being a non-hacker.
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
Lynn, i tried to ammend my ***** statement to whiner, but unfortunatley it already posted.  I do regret that word and I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  However, I am not sorry for calling you a lazy ass, or Brian a celebrity *****.  I am just pissed off.  Happy ******* thanksgiving
Helpful - 0
Look lady, I'm not going to lower myself to calling you anything. But I will tell you this: You have some major issues to overcome yourself. Lynn has never said that she doesn't have a problem and has been extremely self-depracating as far as admitting her utter weakness in terms of her self control and Percoset. She isn't here to impress you or please you. Sounds to me like you're having a bad day and decided to vent here. Well, we've all "been there" too woman. You're mood swings are clearly obvious in your post. Maybe it is you who should shut the computer off and get some help. As far as Brian goes - you have really put your foot in your mouth on this one too. You obviously haven't been here to hear and see all the time and effort and caring Brian has put into people here. I don't need to defend him one bit and I'm going to try not to. He is far above your contempt. His bit about "celebrity" I BELIEVE was to illustrate how far deep this disease reaches - money, fame and fortune and they still are addicts - just like you and me. That's the first step in getting better: Knowing that you are NOT special and that this disease we have is just like the one everyone in our predicament has. Stop pointing fingers unless you're looking in a mirror. I really didn't want to give you the time of day, but the venom and ignorance in your post just begged for response. I'm sure that's what you wanted anyway and in essence I am enabling you here and reinforcing your need to "act out" But I won't stand idly by while someone who has so carelessly ingored the facts here shoots off her mouth. Lynn has a disease - nothing you said or will say is telling her something she doesn't already know. If it was as easy as getting off her "lazy ass" and going to the doctor don't you think she would have done that? You are lost and/or completely ignorant to the ramifications of this disease to even post what you did. I wish Lynn and Brian HAPPINESS. I hope Lynn finds the strength to do what Brian just did. And I wish success and sobriety for both of them for the rest of their lives. You should try some good karma sometime Vicky instead of being a "vortex" of bile and hate. It does come back around and if you've been a decent person, good things will happen to you. Good luck to you and your problems. You've got a lot more work to do than the people you are pointing your finger at.

Helpful - 0
I hate to get on a religious kick here but God doesnt allow anyone to suffer. He destroyed the earth once and after that he sent his son to die so we dont have to suffer. We all chose our own destination. We chose what path to take.  Well so much for the bible class. I just had to add that.
Happy Thanksgiving ( and I didnt have to use the "eff" word to enforce that statement)
Maybe Vicky has more then just an addiction problem? She seems to stick her nose in everywhere she can and she cannot wait to jump down someones throat for asking a simple question.
She is as nasty as good ole vicodin girl A>K> Hydrocodone queen!
See ya peeps later
Helpful - 0
Of course Lynn has a disease, we all do.  And I apologized for calling her a *****.  However, If I lived three hours from real help, other than methadone and cold turkey, I would at least give it a try and not make excuses.  I have been addicted longer than most of you:  10 years.  I have learned how to live with withdrawals and addiction.  I do not expect sympathy.  I realized a long time ago that If i did not have the ability, will or just plain tolerance to quit taking pain pills I would need to live with the consequences.  What I don't understand is that noone seems to realize that withdrawals are going to be a part of the addicts life.  so you have to plan for them.  If you can't deal with it, keep a job, be a parent to your child then it is time to go to a doctor that can offer a solution.  I would give anything to live on the East Coast.  I was born in Morristown and now live in the midwest, where it truly sucks.  That is where my whining ends.  My sympathies do lie with Lynn, but I don't see where she is trying to do anything to help herself.  Brian went to rehab,however, When someone posts how lucky they are to spend 500 dollars a day at a resort where they brush with celebrities, I am sorry, there has to be a line drawn.  Not every addict is a Friend in need.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community