Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

actiq/kadian withdrawl

i have been on some form of opiates since the birth of my daughter in 2000. i weened myself off oxycontin in 03 without much withdrawl, but my dr. then placed me on 400 mcg actiq 5 times a day and 30 mg kadian once daily. the kadian never seemed like the problem, i could take it or not, but i could not go without the actiq.i always ran out b4 appt time and so forth. i realized i had a problem so i began to detox myself, and my dental bills were racking up from sucking lolipops all day. my dr. @ my clinic was and is a wonderful dr. i violated the terms of my contract by thinking i knew the best way to come off these drugs.although he knew what i was doing and never told me not to. i have been without the actiq for 7 days now, only used the kadian sporadically to try and keep withdrawls and bay until i figure out what step is best next. i have had friends giving me roxicodone 30 mg 1 a day in these 7 days and another friend gave me 4 20 mg oxycontin. my pcp told me i was over the worst part when out of knowwhere last night i became sick as a dog. now i am doubting i can do this. can someone please give me some insight as to what to expect or what i should do.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
222369 tn?1274474635
Actiq (Fenanyl) is a nasty opiate with pretty bad withdrawals. The problem with all of this is the fact that you're taking Oxycodone to detox off the Fentanyl...which doesn't truly let you go through traditional withdrawals. Nobody can tell you for sure whether you're through the worst because we have no idea where you are in the process. Is there any way you can go to a inpatient/outpatient detox/rehab? It's your best bet for a controlled detox and recovery.
Helpful - 0
i spoke with my pcp about going to a subox clinic on monday morning. so i have got to stop the roxicodone 30? my pcp said he would call in some vicodan til monday morning. i took 1 lolipop last saturday, and have had none since. sunday used kadian,monday 3(20mg) oxy tues 3 (20mg oxy),1 roxicodone. weds 1 oxy 20,1 roxi codone thurs 3roxy fri 2 roxy sat 1 roxy 1 kadian...so im guessing tru detox has yet to begin. i wonder why i got sick
Helpful - 0
222369 tn?1274474635
You got sick because you decreased your opiate dosages. Even while taking the Oxycodone, you took less than you were getting with the Actiq. Good luck with the Suboxone detox.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.