Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

addiction medicine

What is vicoden? And what is the side affect for it?  How many can you take before it become an addiction to you?
Each individual is different, but vicoden is nothing to mess around with.  It ranks high on the charts as being one of the most addictive drugs and is widely sold on the black market because of the addicts that cannot get it legitimately.  Be very careful taking this drug often and over a long period of time.
Lots of variables to answer that question.  What dosage are you taking?  How frequently?  For how long?  For what purpose?  It is an addictive medicine.  Opiates are also a Godsend for people in severe pain. Most other pain can medicated with nonaddictive drugs depending on what kind it is. The short answer is that if you take enough of it long enough you will be come physically dependent.  If you like the high and deliberately take it for the effects and take enough of it long enough you will become an addict. The times and amounts to reach that differ from person to person.
VICODIN IS STRONG MEDS.THE MOST COMMON SIDE EFFECT IS DROWSINESS.AND NAUSEA.I ABUSED THOSE LONG AGO AND HAD WITHDRAWS.PLEASE DONT GET ADDICTED ITS NOT FUN.
I can tell you this that I tried to detox off myself and the physical pain was to much. I live in Texas and I looked for months to find a detox place. It's hard to find. I finally found one by asking from a A.A. place. There in the phone book or by called A.A. I have to tell you mine kinda surprised me though. It lasted 5 days and hurt like hell, but I have to say the meds they gave me help a lot. I was up to about 15 pills a day and they were usually Vicodone ES 7.5 or whatever I could get. This lasted for about a year of hard use and now I have changed my life around. One last thing I attend meetings to help me like A.A. and N.A. because I know if I don't have help I'll use again. This is just a matter of time. Good luck

Ryan H
What meds did you take to help you with detox?  I am always interested in what works and what doesn't.  You have alot to be proud of and I hope you continue to do well.  Telby
HELLO EVERYONE HOPE ALL IS WELL.TELBY THE DRUG ULTRAM HELPED ME KICK A 10 YEAR VICODIN HABBIT THAT AT THE END PRETTY MUCH CONTROLED MY DAILY ROUTINE. I TOOK 2 PILLS IN THE MORNING AND 2 PILLS AT NIGHT WITH 1 TYLENOL PM AT BED TIME AND IT HELPED UNBELIEVEABLY!!! I HAD TRIED MANY TIMES TO QUIT . BUT LIKE AN ADDICT ALLWAYS FOUND A REASON TO USE. NOW MY SIX MONTH OLD DAUGHTER AND WIFE OF ALLMOST FIVE YEARS ARE MY REASONS TO STAY CLEAN. BACK TO THE ULTRAM. AFTER ONE WEEK I TOOK ONE PILL IN THE AM AND ONE IN THE PM FOR TWO WEEKS. THEY HELPED SOOOOO MUCH. STILL GET THE ITCH BUT THINGS GET BETTER EVERY DAY. ULTRAM IS ALSO ADDICTIVE SO BE CAREFULL. FOR ME THERE WAS NEVER A HIGH FROM THEM [PROBABLY A GOOD THING]SO LOW RISK OF ABUSE. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS                        JAYSBEAN