A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32.1k Members
1512059 tn?1298296573

any Tramadol people monitoring?

Ok...so I have trying to taper for a while with varrying degrees of success. However, my goal was to go clean in Feb no matter what. So I took my last pills Wednesday. I just went through my first VERY long night of nothing. I just couldn't sleep more than 10-15 minutes at a time. Restless legs (knees, particularly) and elbows/wrists was a huge bother. However other than lack of sleep it was bearable. The sun is up and I feel a little better. The local people I know who have kicked Trams say 4 days is the worst of it. I'm starting day two! Wish me GodSpeed! -Randy
4 Responses
1416133 tn?1351123217
How great to see a tracker for you - YAY 1 day!  That's so great!

And tramadol was my DOC for a really long time (6/7 years) and it took about a week for me to get past the physical stuff (maybe 10 days) which isn't the average - you're right about the 4 days being an average.

Hang in there - life is SO much better without trams.  You'll see!  Very very proud of you!  :)
1512059 tn?1298296573
Thanks for the pep talk. I can't seem to find the tramadol recovery room. Can you lead the way?

I have been taking them for two years, but only one year heavy. I know that the time is now, and I will deal with the longer term problems with my doctor if the come up. I've gone to several NA meetings, and I meant to go last night and pick up a white key tag, but I got wrapped up in worrying how I would make the night and forgot. I bought a bed for the guest room so I wouldn't keep my partner up with all the tossing and turning.

I went driving yesterday a couple of times and that helped. It is too cold (@20) here to walk in the park.

Thanks again...
1416133 tn?1351123217
You're very welcome!

To get to the recovery room - on the right side of the page you'll see "recent activity" - right now there's a recent post from stephC28 - and under her name you'll see "tramadol & ultram recovery room" - just click on that and it will bring you to the most recent page for this thread.

And I actually read the entire thread from the beginning (dates back to around 2008) - emily began this thread and it was HUGE in my recovery to hear about her journey and what she did to get through.  I'm confident it will help you too - plus the bonus - it gave me something to read and distract myself with when I wasn't sleeping in the beginning.

Good luck to you - you CAN do this!  Keep the faith and stay strong.  :)
1416133 tn?1351123217
Also meant to mention - once on the thread, it's a good idea to save it to your favorites so it's easy to find your way back.  :)
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.