Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

been off vicodins for 9 days! still blah though...

hey everyone! well i am on my 9th or 10th day of 0 vicodin. but i still feel blah and no energy! i have been taking my vitamins like a good girl. but sheesh!!
any ideas?
going nuts! its like i can't find myself yet...?

krysta
A B vitamin complex with also a B 12 sublingual will help alot with energy. Also starting some light exercise will also help, try getting out for a short walk once a day, that will also help.
good for u...the energy thing takes a while to return but it will..mine still comes and goes in cycles...like fladdict said..exercise is amazing for this...the aminos and B vitamins help too...gotta give it a bit of time and u will feel better
HI GOOD JOB!! NO VICS.  IF YOU LOOK IN MY PROFILE YOU WILL FIND A JOURNAL ENTRY ON TIME.  IT MIGHT HELP YOU.  IT TAKES AWHILE DONT GIVE UP.
CATHY
Unfortunately it takes times to feel good, hang in there.
I had similiar experiences. Absolutely zero energy, bored, feeling like you should do something entertaining, but just not having the energy (mentally or physically) to find it enjoyable...

One thing that I think really helped me was a protein/amino acid/complex carbs/inulin/MCT/ and seed oils - that weight lifters use. It's easily digestible as a benefit considering the GI tract is usually impacted hard by opioids (or the absence thereof) Just as an example:

http://www.bulknutrition.com/p938_Real_Gains_Universal.html?s=BY&m=pi&c=p938

Like I said, I'm pretty sure it helped me a lot with getting some energy back - other people may have more to say if protein supplements are a good idea or not. I'm not a nutrition expert!