calling on Help

Rite here it is today av had 2hrs sleep I feel like death suicidal all the crap addictions WDs bring But I feel like after starting CA meetings & there words have helped me they really have But I now feel striped naked to the bones & I feel they have done this to me & left me to get on with it No ones phoning me & I'm scared to phne somone because well I am angry towards them Now I know that my illness is brining every insecurity to the front of my mind & also I will Not let this beat me But I just feel Down are these all normal feelings I'm getting? Its like I'm fighting myself & my head feels like a burst coutch that has ripped open completley. I now know 2 days are not the same up dwn up dwn methadone does this I feel like ium hanging on by my teeth & that's with a higher power within me HELP I'm scared!!!!! I will not stop meetings they striped me so they should pick me up Or is that just the selfish addict in me Help please somone??? They say at meetings when u really need that call someone suprises you & calls Well Call please!!!!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i also did the methadone detox - - cold turkey from 120mg of the stuff......the feelings that you have are indeed normal for the course. Unfortunately, methadone gets one of the Opiate Type Awards for what the pros call "chronicity"......it does take a while. But as the other folks said, it will continue to get better day by day. For what its worth - many researchers have said that they cannot distinguish withdrawals between 30 mgs and 3 mgs - it does all suck. But it is a necessary evil. best of luck to you!
Helpful - 0
My methadone detox took a good while, it wears on you. Just remember that all the pain and confusion are temporary. You will feel better and you mind will get clear. Just believe it, it's true, Try not to analyze and focus on how you feel. Try to focus on who you want to be and the boundless potential this brief period of detox has to offer. Not easy I know, but keep those eyes on the prize and the obstacles will fade away in their own time. You will look back a think, "Wow, that month felt like a year." You get the rest of your life, that's a pretty huge payback on a pretty small, but enormously difficult effort time. It's worth it. No problem is so big that drugs can't make it worse, time heals all things. You can do it. Relax in the idea that you are healing, as best you can, you won't regret any of it.
Helpful - 0
Open mindedness you got me crying there THANK you so much & yes please pray for me & every other sufferer. I'd think ud like the meetings A meetings a meetings but just to experience another cultures way of doing things would be pretty awesome. Thanx again
Helpful - 0
Thnax EvolverU & debbie Lol yea a was going to say its no coke lol thank u sooo much & I have a feeling I will be needing all the shoulders I can get lol each day min second something new happens!! Now the suns blinding me, went to shops for a bannana came home with banana milk shake lol
I am going to do this get clean Because I can't see anyother way now & when every part of u says " get clean" u gotta listen!!! Also I'm using mulit vits vit b codliver oil bananas I am having to pick things up bit by bit cash probs no job But I'm going to get suppliment & vit b12 tomorow salad stuff and something for the rls which just hut me 2day But I have a giggle to myself because this is the LAST time I will suffer WDs also phned my sponsor who I thought didn't want to sponsor me (it was his idea the 1st time we meet) I thought the more he knew me the less he wanted to help!!! MIND you are a bad bad boy hehe I told him how I felt & that I resented the group because they striped me to the bones & I felt they just left me! I have always known deep down it was my mind screaming at me & even if he didn't like me Tuff this is my recovery & I will not feel so insecure that I fcuk it up " get what you need from the meetings) anyhow I know he cares maybe not for john the person But for john the addict & I'm happy with that!!! ( He does like me as a person) its just where my mind goes!! He said I'm not feeling anything all recovering addicts haven't before me!! Wow I get the waves meaning now thank u
Helpful - 0
Hello Jon, lots of good info above for you. I'd just like to offer you support and send prayers your way. As a member of NA, I've got a meeting in one hour. I'll remember you at the opening moment of silence for the still suffering. But you just keep on keeping on, never go backwards, and it can only get better and better as time goes on. Your present suffering will become your past. Stay in the now, not in the future, the future will always take care of itself. You'll get through this and become our next miracle. Many before you have successfully passed through detox WD here on this forum. You'll do this, I sense your willingness and determination.

My original family comes from the beautiful area of Glen Coe, arrived here in the late 1600's and settled in New Hampshire. Would love to visit your country and would be love to go to a meeting in Scotland!!
Helpful - 0
Sorry, just noticed the reference to Methadone as well -- another rough one. I'm almost 5 mos Clean off of 20 years on it. You Can do it, too!
Helpful - 0
hi jon so glad you sound and feel better this morning. you are now at 5ml of methadone? they did cut you quick. are you taking the vitamins in the Thomas recipe and the amino acid protocol listed at the bottom right under health pages? they seem to help a lot, also protein drinks.
move as much as possible, keep on keepin on jon.
we are here for you, get to as many meetings as possible, that's great you went to your drugworker, everything you are feeling is normal.
you are not defeated. don't listen to the lies of the enemy of your soul,
greater is HE that is in you then he that is in this world.
you got this. pray, listen to Christian music, be positive.
you are doing awesome.
sending encouragement, prayers, hope and peace,
Debbie
Helpful - 0
Hey! Congrats on your decision.

Coke is a rough drug and I just wanted you to know that what you're going through mentally/emotionally is 'normal'.

I see you're from Glasgow. I lived in both Glasgow (briefly) & Edinburgh, back in the day. If you're feeling desperate, antsy, rough, alone, whatever -- I'd like to offer you my shoulder (for what it's worth.) You're welcome to PM me anytime, mate. You're not alone. We're here. You Can Do this. Hold Fast!
Helpful - 0
Thanx guys showers for me! Yea was at my drug workers & she said the same as you guys & everything that brought me to the drugs dance is rearing its ugly head & I'm just getting feelings back, On a positive I do know all this and even when I'm in doubt somethings saying this is rite your feeling naked because your building yourself up again.. Yea am goona keep going to meetings as I know there helping its just me thinking like the world hates Me WHen I know it really doesn't hate me because you guys have went out of your way to help me.. Thanx
Helpful - 0
I agree with above posters...maybe try another meeting if you're not satisfied there....and yes, hot hot baths with epsom salt were a God send to me during WDs....i was taking 2-3 a day....just know it does get better...and you are not going mad....your mind and body are adjusting to less methadone....it will get better, just hang on tight my friend.
Helpful - 0
You could always find a different meeting if these people are not working out for you.  People on here will also be a great help just keep posting. As far as what you are feeling I never came off of methadone just kicked heroin cold turkey at home. For me there was nothing that made me feel better except time. It was like 6-7 days before I slept, and I though I was going to lose my mind but it all goes away. Just try to keep pushing, it will stop. Call family, post on here, try different meetings if you have to. There is a light at the end if the tunnel you just can't see it yet.
Helpful - 0
Hey Jon, I have zero experience with methadone, but I can relate to your feelings. Can you get in the hot bath to calm you some? Drink some herbal tea, go for a walk and reflect on how far you've come. Don't wait for your meeting friends to call you, call them and tell them whats going on in your mind. Remember them helping you is helping them as well. Deep breath and don't let your mind run away with the negative thoughts. The depression is setting in as the drugs leave your body. All normal. Hang in there. Others will be along soon to help. xx
Helpful - 0
Now I'm calm can see alight again Help I'm going mad & I know I will not take drugs again I'm just scared that if this keeps up I will do something silly & I don't know about u guys but I think if I did a silly thing Then hell would be living in methadone wDs for all eternity ( I'm living it now) But this crazy mind has took me on a big Dipper of a ride these last few weeks I was at 45ml now I'm at 15ml 5ml amonth till last week when they cut me 5ml 2 weeks early What's done is done I'm here today Fck iv talked myself sane OR my miracle is keeping me on the edge but not over.  Am I experincing what all methadone addicts go through? Also my memorys abit clesrer But this is weierd I can Not spell any more. (As u can tell) sorry for keep posting I have great friendds but they can sympasise but not relate & I'm angry with the group & myself for getting to here today!! Even though I should be soo proud as iv never gotten this far that's why I know I'm hetting help from some thing else (washing machine belly feel sick & got kids later on & Uncle john will not ever let his kids see me like this so chin up one doot forward!!!
Helpful - 0
Also I'm sick of fighting against fighting I just want to give in But not to Drugs I feel its one or the other its said we will meet God on the day of judgement BUT the devil given me a return trip to hell any time IV been there and I'm scared to go back someone justt tell me I'm not mad & I can do this
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community