clonidine

So I went to the doctor the other day to see if he could help get me off percs, he prescribed me 0.5mg of Clonidine just wondering if it works?
It really works.  It will not make you 100% the same as if you were taking the percs but it helps with anxiety, sleeplessness and overall feeling like crap.  My doctor gave me 1.0 milligrams with a refill. She is awesome.

Yesterday was my full day 2 from all addictive substances (day 9 from Vicodin) and I had some anxiety late afternoon and evening.  Took a pill each time and I was fine.  Slept a full 8 hours.  I noticed that they make me hungry which I am not thrilled about because I am watching my weight.  However, the hunger feeling is worth the benefits.

How many percs were you taking a day?  When is your Day 1 going to be?  You may also want to get some of the ingredients in the Thomas Receipe (it is posted in the bottom right hand corner of this page).  Can you share more about your situation?
I was on 5 pecocets a day and hysingla er 60 mg but kept running out if the Percocets.  I ran out two weeks early.  I was honest with my dr and he put me on clonidine 3 pills a day for 3 days and a patch. It worked I almost feel like my old self.  When he refills my meds next week I'm going to not take them unless I am in extreme pain.  Learned my lesson!
I was taking 4 and a half of the highest milligram of the percs a day and I wanted to get off them cause they are pretty much running my life. I've tryed cold turkey but its hard to when I have to work and do physical labor every day, so I'm trying just to get off them I haven't started to get off them. Tomorrow will be my first day with out taking them and just taking the colonidone which my doctor prescribed me to get off of the percs.
Clonidine definitely works but you will feel very tired at first.
Hi and welcome. There will never be a good or convenient time to stop taking the pills :). When we get the flu or food poisoning we have to be sick, right? You can't tell it to hold off for a more convenient time. Our addictive minds will always rationalize why we should use and keep using. Maybe tell your job that you're sick and take a couple of sick days (around the weekend) to nurse your "flu" and to get better. For me the worst was the first 48 hrs and then it gets a little easier each day following. Making the decision to stop taking pills was the best decision I've ever made (and I quit a 10-12 per day 10mg percocet addiction). Yes the first couple of days are a little rough but you will make it and come out stronger on the other side. We're here for you. Please keep us posted on how you're feeling tomorrow!
I'm actually having my husband disburse my pills to because it's too easy to run out early.
Ok, I'm going to try my hardest, but thank you very much for the support and ill keep ya posted for sure.
yes, let us know.  It will be hard to do physical labor in the early stage of WD.  Do you have sick days?
First morning of being clean, I hurt so bad, my whole body feels like a big bruise.
I was not as sick as you, however, a friend on here said to soak in a warm epsom salt bath and listen to calming music with headphones,  It helped a lot.  Also drink a lot of water and take multiple vitamins, try to eat as healthy as possible for the next week or two. Im on day 7 and already starting to feel better.  My issue is depression and crying, but I'm working on it. Hang in there!!!!!
Help me:/
Mine is my second day of recovery and I feel ok not to bad considering I've been on it for 4 years, and considering its that time of the month plus a bad cold I have. So if Can do it so can you and I'm the biggest baby of pain

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community