Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

day 4 loosing it

You guys I'm on day 4 now and I feel like I'm loosing my mind. All I can think about is getting some pills. I actually drove around town for an hour, for what I dunno because I dont know anyone in this town. I feel like I cant control it. I cant stop crying, I feel helpless and hopeless. Is it going to end? What can I do? Physically I feel fine for now but mentally I'm driving myself insane.. I actually had an awake dream that it snowed percs.. Its messed up I just want it to go away. any suggestions
get to a doctor for some ativan or valium or something of the likes....it helped me until my zoloft kicked in.
That's why I say you should stop while you still have some and have someone hide them. That way you're not stressing on getting more. It sounds weird but it's been helping me. My wife has at least 40 put away. I haven't even tried looking for them. Day 3 here. I'm actually feeling pretty good today. Good luck. Stay busy!!!
must be nice
dess, I am sorry that you are having such a rough time. I understand the dreams I still have them every once and awhile . All I can say is everyday will get a little better, for alot of people day 4 is the worst .Just hang on its going to start looking up. Did you get the Ltyrosine and htp5?
Avis
It's only nice because I made it that way. I decided to stop before I ran out. Trust me I'm not bragging, I'm just trying to give some helpful advice. So, I take it you're not serious about quitting you just have no choice. Sorry, I'll reserve me advice for someone who needs it then. Good luck for in your search for more pills. I hope I never have that feeling again. It's part of the reason I'm quitting. No need to be a slave to anything.
I want to quit, I'm sorry I upset you but the last thing I wana hear is nanananan I got 40 pills hidden.. GOOD for YOU! not everyone is that strong.. If I'm reading correctly you are on day 2.. Dont get ahead of yourself. Congrats for the days you've been clean but dont you dare JUdge me!!!
YES I"M JONESING I FEEL LIKE I"M GOING NUTS!!  I dont need to hear about what you have,...

AVisg...
Sorry about that.. I'm really not such a snapped person I just dont get what someone gets outta being an *** to a fellow addict;.... I came here so I didnt go cop. I could walk into any bar and score I'm sure I dont want to I want to stay clean!
ok Yes I got the ltrosine I just took 4 more. I took 4 when I woke up too. I'm shaking so horribly bad right now but I'm sure it's not from them as I just took the 4 more. I guess I was just looking to hear from someone else that has felt this way or has felt this way before..
I"m sorry yall for all the yellin I'm gonna take a short walk.
Yes, we all know my comment was meant in a mean spirited way. Wasn't it obvious? :rolleyes: Sounds like someone is a jealous person. I've shared pretty much my whole addiction problem here and mentioned before how I feel having some when you quit is the way to go. Sorry you're feeling sorry for yourself. I forget that the reason most of us were on pills was because we have issues. After reading most of the intelligent posts on here I did indeed forget that. I won't again. And btw, I'm on day 3 cold turkey. And yes I am proud of that and tomorrow if you read this board you'll read I'm on day 4 and so on. I am my biggest supporter so I will brag about my 3 days of sobriety because I never could before. As far as this statement "the last thing I wana hear is nanananan I got 40 pills hidden.. GOOD for YOU! ". Wow. Good luck.
Girl ,
I have been where you are I know the hell you are going thru. The shaking can be from the l-tyro
or it can just be from the stress of everything. Do  you take benzos at all ,I know some people use them for a short time to get thru WD. I always kept a few xanax here but never used them.However some people do need them. Just remember there is a big chance for dependency. Walk walk walk it will make this go easier and shorter then if ya dont . I will be on and of for the next few hours if ya need someone to talk to .
she really is in no shape for this. I remember where I was at at 4 days. If i had some hidden away theyd be gone by now and I wouldnt be posting here. That doesnt work for most people. If it does for you then good but I dont think for the majority....nah....she's in a town where she knows no one and is feeling pitiful, I can commiserate with her. I think she just wanted to vent.
Can you get to an ER for clonidine and some benzos?

JIm
I agree betty. I can only imagine how she feels. I'm not saying "I" have them hidden away, I said my wife did. If I knew where they were maybe I would have snuck a few myself. Point is, if you save a few from your next batch and then give them to someone to hold it is one less stressful thought you have to deal with. Eventually you won't even want them. I just passed a very big test literally 5 mins. ago. Yesterday a buddy of mine "owed" me 20 pills and called me to come pick them up. I did. I looked at them counted them and put them in a drawer. About 50 times today at work I thought about coming home (I only live mins. away) and taking 1 pill, cold water extracting a few, taking a half of pill, etc. Well, I just handed the whole bottle over to another friend of mine who seems to have his habit under control I guess you can say. He doesn't have the connections or legitimate reasons to get any so he rarely does them. Last week I would have paid up to $100 for those 20 5/500's. NEVER would have thought I could do that. But I did and it was hard. Anyone can beat this. Hopefully she can too.
i agree try and get some valium it will help tremendously....go to the er if you can...good luck hang in there we are all here for you  
hang tough, do anything you need to but pick up a pill, it will get better.
ok I went for the walk. Came home drank a white russian. I'm not a big drinker but it's calmed down the cravings for now. It's just messed up that all you think about is finding some relief. I wanna stay straight I really do. I guess just makink it a couple more hours is good.. Trust me if I knew anywhere to get some ativan or something of that nature i would. I dont particually like them but I think they would help. I hafta be honest in the fact that in the last 24 hours I've taken 16pms they are not working. I just wanna be normal.
I forgot to add as messed up as it may be Deacon I am jealous.. I dont wanna be but I am.
Don't be jealous. Just think, I'm over here talking all BIG and **** and I have more of chance of relapsing than you. I have pills in my home!!! I know it's hard, you just gotta do the opposite of what your mind is telling you. It's ****** up I know. But it's working for me. Plus I smoke pot. Not advocating it to anyone but it's helping me.
Maybe I shouldn't have posted the I have pills thing again. Sorry. If you knew me and my ways you'd be suprised as **** too that they haven't been eaten.
Dont feel bad please. If I may be honest yesterday when you said you drove hundreds of miles to score. I was right there with you. Believe me if there was someone withing 500 miles of me I WOULD DRIVE!! This is hell. My dh smokes. I hate pot. I dont want him to quit but I just dont like it. I WISH I DID> this is so hard. It's a horrible feeling when  you would do ANYTHING for a freakin perc.. I wish I could be as strong as you.. I woulda f'ed my man up if I knew he had anything. I commend you for your strenth..I wish I could have a morsol of it. I dont I'd kill for a Pill right now..

What do I tell the er to fix me with some ativan or something to relax cause I cant do alone.. pLEASE
I think if you tell them you are detoxing that your being honest with them it is causing panic attacks and you need a small script of benzos to get threw. I will let other people chime in to see what they think. I think getting something to get ya threw the next few days will help you a lot.
Avis
when you were driving around town today did you ever think about asking where a N/A meeting was?
Have you ever been to an N/A meeting?
yes..when you were driving around town thinking about pills did it cross your mind to go to a meeting instead? I know when I would search for pills I'd hit up the nearest NA meetings along the way..
YES AND YES tHEY are tues and sats at 7pm.. I have been.. thanks for asking
the only reason why I mention it is maybe there is someone there you can talk to to help you.....
sometimes its good to talk to some one to vent to people who understand and have been there.....

get some help so many addicts try to fight their addiction on their own thats a very bad choice......
I only wish there was an na meeting. I even searched for an aa meeting. only thing I found was tues and Sat. Id give anything to physically be able to talk to someone about this unfortunately there is noone... I'm calming alittle but Istill feel the erge to jump outta my body... I WANT IT TO GO AWAY.. I'm tying my best to be good. Why cant I get just a small break???