Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

detoxing off tramadol

anyone else out there quitting "cold turkey" off tramadol? it is day 3 for me,(I say day 3 because it usually doesn't bother me too bad the very next day) I do not feel too bad, but this is the third or forth attemt to quit. My last dose was the night of the 17th. The next day usually isn't terribly bad because it is still in my system but the second day, I have cold sweats and so on. I have another prescription available to me in 6 day's, I would like to let it go, but some how, I know I will get it and take it until it runs out again. Anyone else? I am taking way too many, day and night.
there have been people pass thru that were coming off Tramadol/Ultram. i understand that it acts like an opiate. so withdrawl should be the same as all pain meds. if you are on day 3 you are almost there with the physical parts. hold on another few days. there is light at the end of the tunnel. and welcome you are in the right place.
I've been on a duragesic fentanyl patch for over 7 years, and am trying to get off it.
I've cut back from 2 100's every other day, and am now down to 1 100 every 3 days.
The first day I was so happy...at first.  I thought, well, this is really nothing until that afternoon, and the following days.  
Then I found out what its all about.  At first it just messed with my head, and some of my body.
But now I'm experiencing periodic sharp pains, and would sure like to be over it.
I'm thinking maybe cold turkey would be best just to be over it, but its kind of tough.
Any way I hope the best for you.
eek do not try cold turkey after 7 yrs... I have been on tramadol off and on for 3 years. I say off and on because when the scrip run's out is is usually for about 2 weeks, then I get it again. I sure wish I was strong anough to not get the scrip I have coming in 5 or 6 day's.
Tapering off, weening yourself is best way, unless ther is ultra rapid detox, which, I do nont know about you, but I KNOW I cannot aford. I do not have a good support team here to help me. My husband is an alcholic (spledd right of course). Good luck,
Thank you
I have become addicted to tramadol as well, I originally got the prescribed by the doctor/dentist after repeated surgeries and infections spreading to the jaw bone. I am trying to taper with not as much success as I had hoped for, I am terribly afraid of the W/D by going cold turkey, I have tapered down from 12 a day to six a day, but it is hard to get any lower than that. I have some days taken 10 again, so I am having to start all over again on the taper. How many tramadols have you been taking a day. Please post again with an update on your progress. Good luck.
Minnie
I am in the third day of detoxing from tramadol and hydros (10/325).  I would take the hydros until they ran out (can go through 120 in a little over a week), then I would take the tramadol until they ran out (about 120 in a week), then I would be on the hunt for more.  I started taking them for legitimate pain, now it is because I need them.  I am miserable, not sure which I'm withdrawing from or which one is the worst.  How long does this last?