Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

focalin

I take 10 mg focalin once a day for my adhd. As usually I swallow it with some water. I never feel it affect me besides not being able to sleep. I had a friend who said if I snort it I will feel it better and that if I did it instead of swallowing it once a day, it wouldn't cause an addiction. Is this true or should I just ask for a different medicine or a higher dose
No it's not true.  You should talk to your doctor about adjusting your medication.
Snorting anything is never good. It enters your system faster. No matter how you take medicine, it will be addicting if it will be.

Please don't do it. Snoring causes so many more problems.
You should take any/all medications according to the directions.  Check the bottle.  I doubt it says to snort it.