Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

help having panic attack

hey guys, just sitting here drinking milk trying to kill the "buzz" and having a HUGE panic attack. my story is the same as most. the difference is that i had emergency surgery in march for a preforated ulcer. i took ALOT of goody powders and they said that is what did it. but, knowing me the way i do, i also seem to think that the tylenol and stuff in the lorecets gave me the ulcer. every doc and pharmacist said no. and why when you get to 2 weeks clean that there is a "fork in the road" where you can stay clean, or go back, because you KNOW that you won't get hooked again. HEY RIGHT! this had happened to me about 5 times now. i've taken about 7 lorecets throughout the day and it is freaking me out big time!!!!! oh, and on top of all this, i have a colonoscopy on tuesday. i have to take 4 dolcolax and then tomorrow i have to drink a gallon of this stuff from the pharmacy. please, someone respond, i need to talk
thanks,
lisa
I do not envy your position. Prep for colonoscopy is enough in itself. I refused to drink the gallon of stuff. Instead I took a phosphate drink (twice). I can't remember the name of it. It is OTC.  
yeah, i still haven't taken the dolcolax yet. i can't believe that i have to take 4 of those "devil pills!!" i do not look forward to it. what is the phosphate drink? does it "clean you out"?
lisa
hey lisa...what's going on sweetie?  you ok?  have you been having these panic attacks for some time or is this all new to you?
Colonoscopy is not alot of fun but the prep or bowel cleansing is the worst part of the whole thing....they will give u versed...an iv narcotic before the procedure and u will not remember much of it.....come home tomorrow and get ur rest...then get back on track....this will over and u can relax and do the work that lies ahead...it sounds like u have been there and done that....what do u think u could do differently to make it past that 2 week mark?  whatever it may be...give it a shot
It definitely cleans you out! I switched Drs so I wouldn't have to drink that other stuff. I throw up just thinking about it. It was Fleets Phosphosoda.
How many Goody powders would you take in a day? My b/f eats those BC powders like they are candy as well as motrin. Lots of them. He is always saying his stomache is hurting. The last few days its so bad he is talking about going to the ER. What was yours like. I have been givin him prilosec. He said it is not helping. Just thought I would ask you. I thought all those OTC meds are the cause....

Lady
Yes, Fleet Phosphosoda, I think thats what they gave me. It is very salty tasting and you can mix it with clear soda, like sprite or 7up. It made me throw up. to salty..lol..lol.. They wanted to give me that gallon of stuff. I said no thanks.... That is the worse part...

Lady
hey lizzie! i'm just sick and tired of this rat race of pills. i get off of them and then no more than 2 weeks go by and i seem to think i can handle it. i'm going to make me an appointment with a phyciatrist (sp?) tomorrow. i don't understand how i can go through such horrible withdrawls and then go right back thinking it will be different. lizzie, how are your boys?

worried878: i think i need to go to a suboxene doctor. before my surgery, i was going to NA meetings, and they helped me tremendously!! but once i got out of the hospital, i never went back. i will start back after all this stuff with the colonoscopy. i felt at peace there, you know. but i think going and talking to someone about my panic attacks and my addiction is the only thing i can do now. i can't let my family know about this relapse, they are pulling for me and are my side but i can't bear to tell them i have yet again failed.
thank you both for responding, talking to all of you has help me alot!
It is a huge blow to the ego when you realize that you will be an addict the rest of your life! It is true, though. Your body chemistry has now been altered. I don't believe it ever repairs itself. You can not take these oills. The path they lead to is destruction of your whole being.
i woke up at 5am with the worst pain across the top of my abdomen. now that was not weird for me. i had gastric bypass in 2001 and a year after the surgery, these pains across my abdomen started up. i would take 2 tums and it would go away.

i had been taking goody's for most of my adult life. i got hooked on them (not suprising!! LOL) and would take a goody and chase it with a coke "a fix". anyway, after the surgery i stopped taking them all together, then about 2 years ago i developed RLS and started back. not as bad as before, but about 3 a day maybe every other day. the night before my emergency, i took one and chased it with a coke and went to bed. woke up with that pain, and a severe pain in my left upper arm and shoulder. took tums, didn't go away, it got worse and worse and the minutes went by. when to the acute care center and they called an ambulance for me. i was begging for pain meds then!!! no meds until the xray which showed air under my diaphram. they gave me that pain med then boy!!! about 3 syringes full, still had an 8 level pain. within 20 minutes of the xray i was in emergency surgery getting my stomach patched and them checking everything else, like taking out my intestines and checking them. that totally weirds me out. has a dermoid cyst also, had to call my gyno in and to a second surgery. wow! thats alot!!! anyway, GET HIM OFF OF THOSE THINGS!!! AND GO STRAIGHT TO THE ER OR DOCTOR TO GET A XRAY OF HIS STOMACH OR A BARIUM SWOLLOW TO SEE IF HE AS A PEPTIC ULCER. my ulcer was only the size of a pin hole and it felt like someone was ripping my stomach open. SORRY SO LONG GUYS!!
lisa
you know you and so right. it is defeating knowing that you will be an addict and having to control it everyday. i guess we have to accept this and keep going. thanks so much for all of your kind words! i've passed the panic stage now and i really appreciate all of you coming to my rescue!!!
lisa
I am happy that ur moving forward...accepting this was hard for me....good luck
hey there i am sorry all the struggles you are having. i have had chroic kidney stones where my problem started and it is a bad circle. the pills keep helping the stones to come and they help take away the pain. i have a kidney full of them  right now but i have talked to my doctor and he is helping with other things to help the pain. i feel for you cause i know you are like which way to go. i have been off them for 20 days and really scary  but the pain has gotten better. i noticed you  are in Al as am i, i just moved here, so i would love to chat and find out where you are. we are all here to help each other and you are in my prayers!!
beck