Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

help me sleep after quitting oxys

I have kicked a 100 mg oxy habbit it was more but i brought it way down i was no longer in pain and just took them to get high it was hurting me in all kinds of ways but i am on day 8 and have sleept 11 hours i am so sleepy and nothing is helping me i even worked a double at my job and came home and sleept 3.5 hours at not at once i just tried taking sleeping pills and it made the withdrawl filling come right back to me i tried to get drunk that was the worse thing i could have done i take about ten hot baths a day it feels good when im in the water i wish i could sleep in the tub lol but anyways i know i just want to sleep and i dont like this at all i will never let myself get like this with theses pills agin if anyone can help that would be great.
Hi~  I don't know what you've tried but I'll give you a suggestion.

You will need:
Nyquil without the decongestant
Motrin
Melatonin 3mg
Benadryl 25 mg

Take all together: 3  200mg Motrin  2  3mg Melatonin   2  25mg Benadryl  1 tsp Nyquil

I have taken this and it worked for me..

Sleep tight~
Vicki

I am on Day 30 today and can promise you, sleep does come back, even if it is different than before.  I started sleeping right (sort of) around Day 14.  Tried the sleeping pills, Tylenol PM, melatonin and on and on and on.  Nothing worked but time.  Your brain is having to adjust itself and that is throwing of your sleeping patterns even if that is all you want to do.

What I can say is I was never a morning person.  Not even a little bit. Now, no matter what, I come popping up awake at 5:30.  That is almost 1.5 hours before I need to be awake.  Frustrating at times, but at least i sleep well until then. Good luck with the sleep, it will get back to normal.

Matt
I used 80mg oxy a day along with percs, and i used opium tar along with those, but as far as the sleep.....time...do things to make your body tired but dont take naps, i wouldnt try to sleep..i just let it come...but time is going to play a bigger factor than drugs as far as sleep.    opium gave me the best sleep of my life...i missed it, but after i got to where i slept normal i didnt care anymore.
HI Jennifer....your experiencing what most of us have went threw and it su##s theres a few things you can try Vicki gave you a good formula to try...also try a really hot bath right b/4 you lay down it will relax you...also laying down with you8r eyes closed and some soft music playing in the background is therapeutic...it might be the closest thing to sleep you get for a wile...I could never nap but sleep came in 2hr increments at first then a bit longer and so forth I detoxed from methadone so sleep was almost impossible for months the pills usually arnt as bad most start to sleep within a month...try to hang in there be content to just get a couple of hr a night...your body will sleep when it needs to wile we detox and there after we just dont need to sleep as much...good luck and God bless....Gnarly