Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

hey Help here!!!!!!!

does anyone knows what can happen if a pregnant mum takes SUBUTEX... what can be happen to the baby?
3 Responses
175363 tn?1200946321
http://www.rwh.org.au/quality_rwh/docs/March2002.pdf

copy and paste the link above, its a newsletter. may answer your questions. Hope this helps!
Good Luck, Sweetie.
Lisa
Hey there - there is a website that deals with Moms on Methadone - and there is a moderator there named Sharon.  

I cannot answer your question - but she is VERY knowledgeable about all that stuff.  I do not know about methadone - all I know is hydrocodone.  (which I have been taking this entire pregnancy)

Please feel free to email her and ask her - and she'll even call you back.  She's not trying to get you on methadone - (as I really didn't want to sub out one drug for the next)- but she will tell you like it is.

Good luck and keep posting.
Here is the website to cut and paste - take a look - and do contact Sharon via email or call her.  

She emails back promptly and calls too!  

http://www.methadonesupport.org/Pregnancy.html

Like i said - i know NOTHING about methadone - I just know what I was taking for pain during my pregnancy - and really needed to talk with someone in the know!
Please do let me know how you make out!
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.