how long does this last??????

So I was clean for 15 years and on day found myself using again. I have only been using agian for maybe 6 weeks but I need to stop I have'nt had anything for 24 hrs how much longer will this take I only started again 6 weeks ago this *****
Best Answer
Hi Misha,How much were you using?Wasit every day for the six weeks?What were you using?I was clean for 2.5 years befroe my last deal of using.I know it sukx.I am assuming you are talking about opiates.If so you should be back to normal in a few weeks if you were not using methadone.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
"Just goes to show that while we're getting lazy with our addiction fight the addiction is in the next room working the heavy bag just waiting for a chance to come back into the ring."

baffling but So true..
Helpful - 0
15 years and then a relapse. That's scary. Then again this proves the point that we're never "cured".
I used to relapse after 4 to 6 weeks of clean time because I thought I was cured and could handle a couple here and there.

Just goes to show that while we're getting lazy with our addiction fight the addiction is in the next room working the heavy bag just waiting for a chance to come back into the ring.  

It's a fight for life in more ways than one.
Thanks for sharing...
Helpful - 0
Hi, Misha---what made you use again, honey? Think about it and learn from this so you can comfort yourself without drugs next time you are tempted to relapse. I am so glad you told us. Stay close by and let us know what's happening so we can help you, too. I'll be watching for you!
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
What are you going to do differently now so this doesnt happen again?  You can do this, stay positive and stay strong~~sara
Helpful - 0
15 years is incredible.  You can get this back if you were clean for 15 years.  That is a huge accomplishment.   How long you WDs last depends on how much you were using each day.  Hopefully you weren't using that much.
Helpful - 0
HI Heroin is tuff to kick probablly the most intence of all the narcotic but it does have a short 1/2 life mabe about 4 or 5 days on the physical side and a few weeks on the mental side hook up with N/A right away and work on recovery something set this off and you need to find out what by the way congrats on 15yrs it shows you can do it and none of us are invincable no mater how much clean time we get I will pray for you good luck and God bless.....Gnarly
Helpful - 0
Well after 15 years my nasty heroin habit has reappeared. last time I detoxed I was also detoxing from valuim and that took 4ever.this has been a short run so it can;t last that long can it????
Helpful - 0
What were u taking and how much
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community