Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

how long does this last??????

So I was clean for 15 years and on day found myself using again. I have only been using agian for maybe 6 weeks but I need to stop I have'nt had anything for 24 hrs how much longer will this take I only started again 6 weeks ago this *****
Best Answer
1827057 tn?1397520277
Hi Misha,How much were you using?Wasit every day for the six weeks?What were you using?I was clean for 2.5 years befroe my last deal of using.I know it sukx.I am assuming you are talking about opiates.If so you should be back to normal in a few weeks if you were not using methadone.
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
"Just goes to show that while we're getting lazy with our addiction fight the addiction is in the next room working the heavy bag just waiting for a chance to come back into the ring."

baffling but So true..
Helpful - 0
1525404 tn?1291914516
15 years and then a relapse. That's scary. Then again this proves the point that we're never "cured".
I used to relapse after 4 to 6 weeks of clean time because I thought I was cured and could handle a couple here and there.

Just goes to show that while we're getting lazy with our addiction fight the addiction is in the next room working the heavy bag just waiting for a chance to come back into the ring.  

It's a fight for life in more ways than one.
Thanks for sharing...
Helpful - 0
Hi, Misha---what made you use again, honey? Think about it and learn from this so you can comfort yourself without drugs next time you are tempted to relapse. I am so glad you told us. Stay close by and let us know what's happening so we can help you, too. I'll be watching for you!
Helpful - 0
495284 tn?1333894042
COMMUNITY LEADER
What are you going to do differently now so this doesnt happen again?  You can do this, stay positive and stay strong~~sara
Helpful - 0
1831920 tn?1320857757
15 years is incredible.  You can get this back if you were clean for 15 years.  That is a huge accomplishment.   How long you WDs last depends on how much you were using each day.  Hopefully you weren't using that much.
Helpful - 0
HI Heroin is tuff to kick probablly the most intence of all the narcotic but it does have a short 1/2 life mabe about 4 or 5 days on the physical side and a few weeks on the mental side hook up with N/A right away and work on recovery something set this off and you need to find out what by the way congrats on 15yrs it shows you can do it and none of us are invincable no mater how much clean time we get I will pray for you good luck and God bless.....Gnarly
Helpful - 0
Well after 15 years my nasty heroin habit has reappeared. last time I detoxed I was also detoxing from valuim and that took 4ever.this has been a short run so it can;t last that long can it????
Helpful - 0
1700643 tn?1464846682
What were u taking and how much
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.