MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

how long will it last

so i started taking vicodin for my leg well the pain has came and loooonggggg went but i am now up to about 15 10mg a day!!!! I know im an addict and i know its pathetic to let something control my life but it does i feel like i cannot get through the day without pills im in financial trouble because i spend every dime getting more and more pills so i know its time to quit i have not took one since 5 oclock last night i woke up like 20 times last night my body just hurting and burning... i feel like crying or just ripping someones head off.... i feel just horrible because i want more pills... my body hurts so bad and i feel like im losing my mind how long does the withdrawl symptoms last? thanks for all your help
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Good luck and welcome to the forum.You will most likely have some rough days ahead .WE have all shared some type of W/Ds and know that it is not pleasent being there. stay tough and dont pick up no mater what.Today can be the last day of using drugs for the rest of your life.There is alot of help in recovery the only requirement is the willingnes to stay clean .If you feel that you had enough of that misery of active addiction ,People here can leed you in a new way of life without drugs and alcohol .I will say a prayer for you
Helpful - 0
Hi and welcome to the forum! The worst part of the WD.'s last about 72 hours. Take a lot of hot baths! Also you can try the Thomas Recipe to help you through this. Make sure to drink plenty of fluids and keep your mind busy by reading or watching a funny movie. You may be having trouble sleeping and this is part of the WD- I took Melatonin which is a natural herb and you can find it where the vitamins are.
Good luck and keep us posted! God Bless
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
The worst of this will be around the 3rd or 4th day.  There is a ton of info in the health pages here.  Take some warm baths for the aches and pains.  Drink plenty of fluids, no caffeine, and try and eat bland foods.  Immodium will help with the diarrhea if you have that.  Stay positive and keep posting on here.        sara
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community