hydrocodone

i have been with my boyfriend for a little over 8 months now and he is addicted to hydrocodone.  when we have problems or he has problems with his work he takes them to "get high".  he says that he  has been trying to get off of them for 5 days now and he is still saying he is sick, ie having an upset stomach and votimiting.  i have never been around anyone whom has been on drugs ever in my life and i do not know how to deal with it.  i dont know if he is really being sick from not taking them or really sick because he still is taking them.  how long does it usually take for someone to get off taking this kind of med.  and what are systoms that would should withdrawls?  please help.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
As far as your question, Im having  a hard time understanding. Did you say you were only on the Opiates for a total of 10 days with 3 days off in between?  If thats the case and you have not been on the meds ever before, and have also been off of them for over a week now, Its doubtful your nausea or other symptoms have anything to do with the Medication or coming off of them. Its possible you may have something else medically going on (flu, virus, cold etc) . I would recommend you talk to a Dr if it continues.

Best of luck
Helpful - 0
I was taking 3-7.5 loratabs for about 5 days one week, skipped about 3 days and did the same thing another 5-6 days. Since then I've quit totally and that has been about 7-10 days. I've been having nausea n vomiting like randomly maybe once every 2-3 days. I don't have any other symptoms..fever. I don't have my appendix in, I'm not pregnant, and don't have a flu. I think this is a result of the medication. How long does it take for it to stop. Do you know?
Helpful - 0
I don't think he would be sick if he was raking them.

Please stay on this forum and read all of the posts.  Post and ask more questions if you like.  There is much knowledge to be gained from this site, and knowledge will help you help him.  Better yet, try to get him on here. I don't know if he is knowledgeable about how important after care is, and how to combat cravings.

Friend999
Helpful - 0
Normally it takes 5-7 days really depending on how much and how long he was abusing them.The symptoms include but are not limited to,nausea, vomitting,shakes,cold sweats,high anxiety,aches and pains especially in extremities.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community