Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

i am sorry

I just want to apologise to everyone on this site, because I have done nothing but lie to you all the whole time I have been on here. I am married to a wonderful woman who would never have ever left or abandon her kids. she loves her kids very much and is the only one working to provide for what they need.. I am a liar, piece of **** who does nothing but lies and cheats on her. I steal money from her and take advantage of her, while she works her *** off. I am not a boxer. I am a lazy drug addicted liar! I am truely sorry for screwing with you all.
Addicts lie. Period.My mom is an addicted to Norcos as well and I get lied to weekly. No excuse it just is what it is when something else is controlling a person. Are you clean?
Wow ! Well I can respect a man that can say he's sorry. So Sphynxs what is it you are addicted to?
COMMUNITY LEADER
For real?  This was all a game?  What did you gain by coming on here and lying?  Time to get real frickin honest with yourself......sara
You have officially crossed the line...

Do hope you get the mental help you so desparately need...

V.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Well said......we were had here, hook line and sinker........sara
I'm amazed that people are professing surprise that a drug addict would actually lie? I know I'm not going to be the one to throw the first stone. I live one big lie for over 6 years. I told every lie I could to keep my disease from yelling at me. That included lying to people here, to my wife and family, and myself. It's one of the main symptoms of the disease. Is it conductive to recovery? No. Should it continue? No. But, I'm afraid I'll never chastise someone trying to get into recovery by being honest. James...it's time to get honest with yourself more than anything. Secrets keep us sick. Get back into aftercare and find a sponsor to get honest with. It's the first step to recovery.
I don't understand.....Why lie to us?
I'll leave you all with something my counselor at rehab told me..."I'll always believe everything an addict DOES". Hard to do on a forum where it's all what someone said.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Surprised at the lies? No im not as i know how addicts lie as i lied about everything at one point too, but i am very disappointed.........
Now, I believe disappointment is a very valid feeling about it. In fact, anyone that's followed James' journey would be disappointed that he had to lie. But, as an addict I completely understand. There are no new stories on this website to me. It's a continuous first step meeting where I'm reminded of where I was. James coming clean is something that helps me keep clean. It reminds me of where I am and where I was. I'm disappointed as well, but I'm also thankful and grateful. It's definitely not how I would have felt in active addiction a year ago. But, as they say, we do recover.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I am also feeling thankful and grateful that i am no longer leading that life too....Thank God for my meetings.  I only hope that he will find his way also but that has to start with him........sara
lieing about one's addiction is TOTALLY understandable...just cant understand the need to create a whole fake life around it.  
I'm not condoning the lying at all. It was wrong, and he will have to take the steps to make amends in his own time. Some of the stuff I said in y fourth step astounded even me. And, I've heard a few 4th steps since then, and it's insane what we as addicts do to obtain our fix and keep our lives right in our mind. I had a complete fake life for over 6 years. Anything I could say to perpetuate and keep my using secret and accessible was fair game. Sarah, you're exactly right..healing and honesty does have to come from the individual...it can't start with us. Anyone that says that drugs got them into recovery is telling a lie. It was the consequences of the drug taking that got them into recovery. If the house of cards didn't fall..I'd still be stacking away.
Does that mean we don't get to try your upsidedown pineapple cake....sigh..
Pharma~~~ LOL LOL

xo
Hey sphynxs.. Thank you for telling the truth.. although it is not a pretty picture that you have written of your life it is the beginning of actually fighting your addiction... we lie to ourselves to our children to our spouses.. I have stole meds from my husband and others.. I can imagen you are feeling very low and embarrassed but I give you your due for coming on and being honest with us.. This is a big hurdle for you to overcome so now you can honestly work on your addiction with us that are willing to help and support you.. as for cheating on your wife and taking advantage this is something that you need to fix inside.. either let her go our get into counseling to get to the root of why you are treating her is such a manner.. I hope you choose to stay and work on yourself.. laughter is not always required sometimes we have to get real and I believe this is one of those time.. welcome to the forum sphynxs now that the real you is here.. lesa
Great post...
WOW you said it great
I agree with Lesa and Ga Guy...we are here for everyone who wants our help.If you really need us we are here for you and everyone else who needs us.
Keep posting if need be...but be honest with yourself and us,for most of us have exposed our deepest secrets and emotions here.
i just wonder what made you decide to come honest? Is this something that you decided on your own or did your wife or someone see what you had wrote and called you out on it?
Sorry to hear it, telling the truth is always good. Unfourtunatally addicts seek sick attention . So why tell the truth now? To be honest I don't know what to think. Is this a way of seeking more sick attention or is the life you first told us about the life you want to live? Do you know why I like this forum? Cause I don't have to lie I get to tell it as it is, and I am still encouraged to do better and stay in recovery. Sorry that you cheated yourself.
Becca
i 100 percent accept your apology you are valued you are loved if jesus forgave me of all my sin how can inot forgive you please turn from your lies get some help and move on
As addicts yeah we lie remember this is the one place you can come that u can be honest however u get so used to lying sometimes its had to tell the truth but if you are going to get clean its time to come clean .I am sure we have alot more members here that both have lied are lying and judge others ALL of the time ..Its not right its too bad but it happens all of the time.  All every member can do is there part to be honest and as non judgemental as possible and remember we all are the same we are addicts trying to figure it out ..  sphynxs I am sure that was not easy to do why did you decided too are u truly ready to come clean to get clean if you are we will be here ? Get it all out start rebuilding your life.
10 out of 10 for telling us the truth. I just dont understand WHY!!!!!..We are all here to help and the help starts with the truth bud.We would still have tried to help you even if you are still taking drugs, you dont have to be clean to come on this site. I came on here a hopeless heroin addict who lied through my teeth to anyone just to get money for heroin, but i never felt the need to lie to anyone here as nobody judges you here, but we do tell each other the truth as you must be truthful to get the proper help you need. Thats the thing about this site, its the only place i also can be comletely truthful and know i wont be judged or frowned upon. i have made many mistakes and relapsed but have always been encouraged here no matter what. If you still want help or just to talk, ill be here but theres nothing you could tell us that would shock us as we have all been there. Ill be here for you john if you want any help and wont ever judge you.....James

Ga ga guy...Its not me, Sphynxs name is John. Stilltrying is James lol