Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

mixing klonopin and methadone

I'm wondering what the effects would be (if harmful) if one is taking Methadone and Klonopin at the same time?  Please answer soon.  Thank you for  your time.
I have no idea. Did your doc prescribe them both? He wouldn't have if he though there was any danger. If he didn't, I'd either ask him, or a pharmacist.
My friend has been on clonipins for 10 yrs and was going to a methadone clinic about 3 yrs ago and both we're legal and her Dr. knew so I'm not 100% sure if it's ok, but I do know she was taking both by presciption...You could also try contacting a pharmacy and they may know or call poison control and ask them they may only tell you if you've already taken it.
methadone and clonazepam (Moderate Drug-Drug)

MONITOR: Central nervous system- and/or respiratory-depressant effects may be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects, especially in elderly or debilitated patients.

MANAGEMENT: During concomitant use of these drugs, patients should be monitored for potentially excessive or prolonged CNS and respiratory depression. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring complete mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.
mixing methadone with klonopin is very dangerous, It makes the effects of the opiate in methadone much much stronger and causes enhaced CNS depression and can cause respiratory arrest causing death.
Source?  Are you suggesting there is a high?  Or is it simply possible that the CNS effects of methadone and klonopin are additive?
there IS a high involved with mixing the 2...it is also very dangerous...i just lost a friend to this, he died in his sleep because he stopped breathing...extremely dangerous mix...and they are both very addictive also...
ive lost many friends due to this combo of drugs
dont ever do this....some may get away with it a few times...but not a good idea. we have had FOUR deaths in my town in the last 3 weeks. ALL died using methadone and some type of xanax or klonipin  combination. the last death was a 22 yr old boy, we buried him 2 days ago. he took 4 dones and one klonipin. he was a kind, handsome young man with a loving family and a beautiful girlfriend. she took the same cuncoction that he took, but she woke up and he did not.
I have been taking 40 mg. of methadone for about 3 years now and the Dr. gave me klonipin 2 mgs. a day and I have been on that for about 6 months. I have always heard this was a dangerous mix do you think I am in danger since I have been mixing them for 6 months. I want off methadone. I was given it for chronic pain and from what I have learned about this drug it is from the Devil himself.
let me clarify my previous statement. ive lost over 10 good friends. 3 best friends to the combo of methadone and Xanax which is also a benzo like Konipin but you should be ok skyscreamer :) hope that helps
I dont know....all i know is that i have been to 3 funerals. Does the dr know about the methadone use? Trust the dr, i guess.....I just know that it scares me to death and I will NEVER encourage anyone to mix the 2. You be very careful. I was told by someone that every time you mix the 2, you are playing russian roulette. again...I am not a dr, so I guess u should listen to him/her. they know more than me,lol.
the 2nd funeral i went to was a friend that was 44 yrs old and mixed the 2 everyday for years and then he didnt wake up one morning about 2 weeks ago....BE CAREFUL!!!!
I have been taking done for about a month, and I also get 1 mg klonopins, and usually take 1..11/2 a night to sleep better. I have yet to mix the 2. The methodone is taken in the morning, around 8am, with no more throughout the day..then i plan on taking 1mg of klonopin around 10-10:30pm...Do you forsee any harm in that?
Methadone and klonipin can be very dangerous together....very.  Dr.'s are not properly educated on methadone.  
I hope you will begin tapering off the methadone soon because that is the most misrepresented drug in the world.
Post a new question and start your own thread, you might get more response that way.
My fiance and I are day #7 off methadone and so thankful.  We are finally experiencing emotions we had forgot.
I HAVE BEEN ON 130MGS OF METHDONDE LIQUID AND DISKETS FOR OVER A YEAR NOW. I ALSO TAKE 2MG XANAX AND 3MG KOLONPINS. IM AN EX FLATLINE ADDICT, WHICH MEANS I LOVE TO GET AS HIGH OFF SHOOTINH HEROIN TILL I ALMOSR HIT DEATH. GET REAL OF COURSE MIXING TWO CNS DRUGS IS DANGEROUS. I MORE ADDICTED TO METHADONE THAN HEROIN.. HOW BOUT THAT