norco/oxycodone

I had a Maligram two years ago they hit a nerve, the pain ran down the right hip all the way down the right leg and into my r foot, it thru me over the table, I am on Lyrica, gabapentin and Oxycodone, my back surgeon wants me to take Norco, but the primary has me on Oxy, 5/325 Norco 10/325, I want to wean myself off the oxy, so if I took oxycodone one day and Norco the next, would there be a reaction?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hmm, not sure at all but definitely try it. The Lyrica and gabapentin will help with a lot of the withdrawal symptoms as well.  The best thing is for you to cut down.  Do a nice slow taper and I am sure it will minimize withdrawal symptoms.  Perhaps it may be better to come off one pill at a time.  
Hopefully others chime in with some better advice.
Helpful - 0
Thank you, I still have alot of pain if I just take the Lyrica,gabapentin, so I will try taking your advice, by 2 or 3 at the office from sitting, my foot really starts hurting so bad, on fire throbbing then it goes into severe charlie horses.
They get so bad that my foot feels like it is folding in half. Not sure if it for the back problems I have or if it is still the nerve damage. Just don't know the only true advantage is we own our own business and my husband understands and lets me come home, but my gardens and my house suffers to. I am 60 and have always been a very in fact over average active person, this has just zapped me. Emotions are sometimes bad, but I do keep believe what my back surgeon says it will get better.
Thanks again
Helpful - 0
Oh wow, I am so sorry you are in so much pain.  Just do a very slow taper on the oxy.  See how it goes. It is good that he is taking you off the oxy because it is highly addictive as all narcotics are.  
If you are still having pain ask your doctor what other options there are for non narcotic pain relief.
Hope you feel better.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community