Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

please someone answer my question how long will this last

My step down program with suboxone has been going well I have dealt with the irritability, no sleep, and oh my goodness the tired feeling for some time.  I started the program 4 months ago and each time I have reduce the amount I have taken a day even though the doctor says to take more.  I want out for ever.  at the end here for 3 weeks I took .5 mg  once a day.  Then the doctors says go one day .5 then one day none.  I went one day .5 then one day none and then the next day .5 well the day with out I was so tired and irritable that I decided enough is enough so I have not taken any for 11days.  How long before I start feeling 100 %  and no more feeling like rubber or irritable.  I will not go back to anything else even suboxone I promise you that.  I just want to know how long.  Please.
4 Responses
642313 tn?1244071722
Well My friend I am on day 360 off Subs and everything else and for me it took quite a while before I felt close to "normal"  even three months in I still felt pretty ****** but manageable.  I still cant say I know what normal feels like.  I have good days great days tolerable days and sometimes miserable days.  But I did subs for one year.  If you only did them for 4 months I think your time will be easier.  Are you regularly exercising?
100% could be months away........ 50% might be several weeks away.....Are you familiar with the infant dose syringe and the water soluble solution for dosing 1/4mg and less?  Guess that doesnt make any difference if you are firm about not going back to anything - -  Are you taking an SSRI or following the amino acid protocols?
Yes I am exercising.  I do not know what the SSRI or amino acid protocol is.
The SSRI would be a Selective Seretonin Re-uptake Inhibitor - - - your basic Anti-Depressant......If you are not on an SSRI you probably want to follow the Amino Acid Protocols - - some of the amino's act like antidepressants.....they elevate available seretonin for your brain to utilize....stuff like 5-HTP and Sam-e... much like an AD.    Some amino's work with the anxiety - the amino Theanine is like a natural valium.  Some work against the fatigue - the amino L-Tyrosine works like natural speed. - - - - - -   Keep reading through the Health Pages and you will learn a great deal.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.