prevent cartilage disintegration in nostril

I recently developed a pea size (or a bit smaller) lump on my right nostril, it is not painful and is related to drug use. I've had lumps of cartilage develop in my ear lobes before, and this feels kind of like that. I read that the lump is caused by restricted blood cells and is basically dying cartilage that can/will disintegrate and leave a hole. Is there anything I can do to prevent the tissue from disintegrating? I can only find info on what to do once the hole is there, but nothing about if you can prevent the hole when the lump first appears.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes, stopping the drug use will absolute prevent further damage so of course that is #1. In addition, you need to deal with this lump as you would any lump, investigate it further to rule out cancer. You are not a doctor, and because it feels like something that you once had in your earlobes and you read an article, does not qualify as a diagnosis. Please see an Ear Nose and Throat doctor, ENT, to have this examined and help to correct/prevent damage and to rule out any funny stuff.
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
You asked if there was anything to do about this......Stop the drug use.  Are you snorting coke?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community