Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

question!!

I have been a marijuana smoker since before my pregnancy and its been real hard for me to stop but I have been clean for about 20 days now. I suffer from depression and My due date is this Friday 9/19 will this affect me, my child or will they take him away from me? Very concerned!!! I know that I can't take any over the counter meds to clean my system... What should I do? Advice please
I think they test the baby and if it has it in their system they might call cps.
COMMUNITY LEADER
You need to be very honest with your OB.  That way there will be no surprises.  If you dont there is a real good chance that CPS will show up as most babies are tested at birth.
as long as the OB is aware of this and has it in their records you should be ok.  if you don't tell them and it pops up as a surprise then cps is called.

DO NOT take the chance of that happening.  please.  tell your OB