time frame

When is everybody starting there detox time? I mean: do you start it at the time of last use or start the time when your last pill/use has worn off?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I started at last use but someone will probably come on and say different so stay tuned.
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
I started mine on a Monday as that was the first full day of not taking anything.  Sunday of April 2008 was my last pill.....and i am grateful.
Helpful - 0
My last use was an oxy 40 which did absolutely nothing for me because I had such a high tolerance.
Helpful - 0
Thank you...how are you doing now?
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
Isnt that the truth.....
Helpful - 0
For me it was the first day I woke up and didn't take anything.
Don't try to calculate half days or something like that, it gets confusing.
Though initially I didn't cound the hours after last dose.
So if I took my last on a Sunday at 4:00 pm I would say to my self at 8:00am Monday that I was 16 hours clean. That was just in the begining though, by Wednesday I was just saying 3 days clean. The important thing is to just wake up and say "I'm not going to use just for today" don't worry about tomorrow or the next day. Just for today, and do that every day and before you know it a week has gone by and then a month.

Helpful - 0
I am doing pretty good.I have over 2 months now away from that day.It was rough for a while as I was taking alot.I wasn't even able to figure out how to get an account here until I was about 3 weeks clean.I couldn't even see right for 2 weeks.I am sleeping well now and have lots of energy.I run every day and it helps make things way more tolerable.I am completely by myself so it has been rough having to be accountable to just myself but I am making it just fine.ty
Helpful - 0
Oh sorry I thoiugt you were asking me how I was .
Helpful - 0
I would think that you start counting once the pills have worn off???
Helpful - 0
I agree with everyone - the first day I didn't use was my first day clean.  I'm with eyeofhorus - don't go back the time of day - too confusing.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community