Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

time frame

When is everybody starting there detox time? I mean: do you start it at the time of last use or start the time when your last pill/use has worn off?
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1827057 tn?1397520277
I started at last use but someone will probably come on and say different so stay tuned.
Helpful - 0
495284 tn?1333894042
COMMUNITY LEADER
I started mine on a Monday as that was the first full day of not taking anything.  Sunday of April 2008 was my last pill.....and i am grateful.
Helpful - 0
1827057 tn?1397520277
My last use was an oxy 40 which did absolutely nothing for me because I had such a high tolerance.
Helpful - 0
Thank you...how are you doing now?
Helpful - 0
495284 tn?1333894042
COMMUNITY LEADER
Isnt that the truth.....
Helpful - 0
1525404 tn?1291914516
For me it was the first day I woke up and didn't take anything.
Don't try to calculate half days or something like that, it gets confusing.
Though initially I didn't cound the hours after last dose.
So if I took my last on a Sunday at 4:00 pm I would say to my self at 8:00am Monday that I was 16 hours clean. That was just in the begining though, by Wednesday I was just saying 3 days clean. The important thing is to just wake up and say "I'm not going to use just for today" don't worry about tomorrow or the next day. Just for today, and do that every day and before you know it a week has gone by and then a month.

Helpful - 0
1827057 tn?1397520277
I am doing pretty good.I have over 2 months now away from that day.It was rough for a while as I was taking alot.I wasn't even able to figure out how to get an account here until I was about 3 weeks clean.I couldn't even see right for 2 weeks.I am sleeping well now and have lots of energy.I run every day and it helps make things way more tolerable.I am completely by myself so it has been rough having to be accountable to just myself but I am making it just fine.ty
Helpful - 0
1827057 tn?1397520277
Oh sorry I thoiugt you were asking me how I was .
Helpful - 0
I would think that you start counting once the pills have worn off???
Helpful - 0
1416133 tn?1351123217
I agree with everyone - the first day I didn't use was my first day clean.  I'm with eyeofhorus - don't go back the time of day - too confusing.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.