Aa
A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32.1k Members

tramadol addition

Im trying 2 quit tramadol addiction cold turkey. I've had seizures from taking too much of this medication already and am taking dilantin for that, because i didnt have the guts 2 be honest that it was from the tramadol. I quit taking it for a couple of months before thanks 2 suboxin (however u spell it). Then i relapsed. I've been back on it for about 2 months. I took my last tramadol on Friday, now its Monday. Haven't had 2 bad of w/d symptoms. But I do feel it getting worse. Should I start tapering off or continue the cold turkey? I've read that cold turkey is dangerous. But, I've  already made it this far... what should I do??? Please help me. And if i taper off, how should I start? I was taking 15-20 pills a day. Again, please help me!!! Thank you.

This discussion is related to Forum Guidelines - Please read before Posting.
1 Responses
477746 tn?1254784547
You especially need to be careful with your plan considering tramadol has caused seizures for you in the past. There is a synergistic depressant effect from tramadol and dilantin by the way - not good when the practitioner didn't know about the high amount of tramadol use. Can be deadly. I would really urge you to take the advice of talking to a physician and be honest... better to bite the bullet and be honest than dead.
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.