Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

urgent seizure question

My daughter has not had heroin for more than a week (she has been in jail for 4 days) and is still having seizures, even on Depakote in  jail.  They won't do anything else for her.  Is there some way we can get them to help her or take her to the hospital?  I just spoke to her and she's stuttering and she does NOT stutter normally.  Is there anything?  I'm afraid for her...
Hi Mom, I have been reading your story! So verY sorry you are going through this! She has a public defender, right? Is it possible she or someone can get ahold of them to see if they can intervene in this? Sorry, it's the only thing I can think of! Sending you support! I know you have been through a lot! Hugs!!
She won't be assigned a public defender until wednesday
Can you call and speak to someone at the jail? Gosh, I just don't know what else to think of! Praying for you and her!
Hi!  I'm so sorry.  I know you're scared half to death.  I certainly would be.  Does she have a seizure disorder?  I can't imagine her having seizures from coming off of heroin unless maybe there is some alcohol or benzos involved also? If that's the case then they are not doing enough for her.  The depakote won't touch that!  Depakote would only need to be used for a seizure problem unrelated to withdrawals.  I know that's not what you're asking, but I'm trying to help figure out what's going on and from there find out how you should go about it from here.  Have you been down there and asked nicely to speak to someone in charge?  They might listen to a mom and they might not, but it would be worth a try.  If she keeps suffering the seizures, she could sustain damage from them that could be permanent.  Scary for her and for you!!  Is her hearing not until Wednesday?  I'm surprised it's that far away if she's been there so long already.
I live all the way across the country from her.  I can't go there.  I'm going to try and call now.  She told me not to because she said they will be meaner to her.
she does not have a seizure disorder.  I asked if she was taking anything else like benzos and she said she had taken about 5 tabs in the month prior to detoxing.  I don't know if I believe that...