Aa
A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

valium or no valium

day 2 coming upto night 2 with out oxy should i sleep tonight? or will i keep having cold sweats? should i take some valium??
5 Responses
401095 tn?1351395370
u know u r the only one who knows wheteher u need valium or not...if u do then take the smallest dose possible for the least amount of time..sleep is important to recovery especially if u r working or have busy days ahead of u...safer meds would be better if u need sumpin over a week or so...over the counter u can get benadryl, valerian root, melatonin...and safer rx drugs that have a side effect of sleepiness are phenergan and some ADs that cause sleepiness/no alcohol with any rx sleep or anxiety medication...lunesta or ambien are both less habit forming than valium but valium is a good choice tho out of the benzo family with xanax, klonopin and ativan being much stronger...do what u need to do to get thru the next few days and stay comfortable..after that if the sleep probs persist, talk to ur dr about a safer rx med or try otc meds like valerian root...good luck and congrats on every second of ur clean time!
Hay every1 I wouldn't say I'm an addict but I can say I'm on the path of being 1 . To opiots. My tollerance is going up at a fast pace.. I really want to stop b4 I am ova my head. Its not that I'm scared.of being a lil sik, but hard to quit wen its in ur face a lot. {Perks,ocs,sumtimes dope}. But wut I really can't go a day or 2 without is benzos I don't have a doc but I know I need anxiety meds.. I'm 110 positive bout that. And don't want to stop that but I wana b able to get a natural high and b high on life.. if any1 can give me help let m3 know.. thnxx..
Hi u seem 2 know bout wat my problems 2. Exp prob 2{benzos} and sleeping problems. Its weird how 99% of the ppl I know who are adicted to opiates take benzo. Me myself hhonestly thinnk I need to b pescribed clozepins and zanex. If I wake up and do not take any benzos I feel .. not the same/normal.. I can't evan get happy with friends or evan want to talk to my girl who I love a lot. Its weird. Ppl say I got a opposite reaction to how they work idk if that's good or bad. But if I was to take them and try to sleep ill b up cleaning and organizing sh*t.. idkk. Any advice..
The benzos don't help a heck of a lot with sedation ... combined with benadryl and melatonin, you might have some sleep ...

Seroquel or Zyprexa in the short-term might be useful, and you might be okay if you taper.

I'd try to stockpile the benzos for the really grotty nights.
960021 tn?1270666282
I'm definately not a doctor, but I think this could be something you might want to bring up with your doctor that's prescribing the Valium to you. He/she wrote you out for them for a reason, so try and see what their outlook is on it. Recovery is that much easier and less restless when you know there's a doctor by your side to help you through day by day.
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.