Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

vicodin and percocet withdrawal....help!

i'm on day 2 of no opiates right now. i have been taking roughly 12-16 lortabs or percocet 5's for the last 10 months. i could use some suggestions on what to do/take to ease the withdrawal symptoms. i started taking a wide spectrum multivitamin today, using imodium every 6 hours, advil for aches, drinking a TON of water, and taking hot baths. i feel like this is a good starting point, but would like to know if anyone else has had success with anything else. i don't have leg pain on RLS. would a body cleanse be useful to help eliminate toxins? also, how long does the acute stage of the withdrawals last? i guess that depends on the amount and how long. i'm just looking for suggestions...i know it won't be pain free.
Congrats poison..Im going on day 6 of detox and I feel great.

Heres some advice

Note:  You will not sleep for awhile but dont worry they say it comes with time but dont focus on that cause it will irrattate the hell out of you. Im still waking at 3am and getting upset for the next night.

Here goes

You are on day 2 and it will get worst before it gets better. Concentrate on your symptoms

1 cold sweats: ask a dr to prescribe clonidine, it help with the anxiety,cold sweats and mellows u out. Beleive me its a must but if youre on day 2 u can prob do without.

2 Dont take immodium till u actually start the runs. What you are doing noe is causing major constipation and will or can cause problems. My 1st bowel mpovement was on day 4 Both my detox actually. By getting that first case of the runs, you will rid of all the toxins pilled up. If u take immodium now u will pass an elephant....lol or rupture your bowels. But when the runs start take 2 right away then 1 after each bowell mouvement. Dont over do it...Drink alot of wather(add some salt) or Gatorade and if your urine is yellow drink some more.The more u drink the quiker that crap gets out of your body.

3Multy vitamins are important double the dose on an empty stomach your body will expell wut it doesnt need anyway eat alot of bananas as they are high in potassium and will help with the le pains and rls restless leg syndrome.`

4 the most important thing HOT baths.get some lavender and bath salts and lay in ther till youre a prune...Its a must. spend the next 2 days in there if u must just add hot water

5 RELAX Its frustrating do not take all kinds of meds to help u sleep, they wont work. Im on 20mg valium and SleepAid and nothing. Lay down and relax even if u are not sleeping your mind will be under a deep state of rest and it counts as sleep( well somewhat) I tried everything and nothing helps not even 15 mg of Zopiclone wich 2.5mg used to knock me out. Your body is so used to be sedated by opiods that now its say lets party...

6 Force yourself to exersice a bit it will make u feel better and help with sleep

Keep us posted all the time

Good luck and congrats Im only on day 5 1/2 and am feeling better well a bit better

Nick
Hi!  You're off to a great start!   I don't know about the cleanse...your body is going to cleanse itself naturally( sweating,diarrhea if you get it,urinating ).

Get some potassium,calcium,magnesium in some form. They sell cal/mag supplements
and you can eat bananas and drink OJ for potassium.

Hot baths,exercise and time are your best friends here.

Good luck!
Welcome to the forum. You can look at the health pages on top right of homepage and look at Thomas recipe and amino acid protocol. I also went to my family Dr. and got Clonidine, which really helped me. Honestly, the worst is over by day 5 for most. I had some lingering effects for awhile but had used longer and heavier than you. It is different for each individual but it will get better each day after the initial 3-5 days. You will get alot more support here but it is Sunday and kind of slow right now on here. Hang in there, you are doing great. If you have specific questions, put it out there and we will help the best we can. You can do this. Good luck and God Bless.
I assure you that the cleanse is not necessary!!!!!!!!!!!  Trust me on this!  You got some good advice.  Post and let us know how you're doing!! : )
thanks for the info guys. congrats on 6 days 3rd. the multivitamin i take has potasium in it....should i supplement more? like i said i don't have any of the leg issues oddly enough. my understanding is that potasium is good for the cramps and RLS. i will pick up some OJ though....just because i like it. i suppose the vitamin c wouldn't hurt either. 3rd....you said to double the multivitamin dose. is that what you did? i thought about it, but it's a "one a day". also....as far as the runs go, am i really expelling toxins, or am i simply freeing up my intestinal tract that's been brought to a screeching halt from the opiates? i know there are a lot of opiate receptors in the intestines. if the diarrhea really is expelling toxins.....let 'em run. haha. i'm drinking plenty of water to avoid dehydration. what do the bath salts do....i've read they pull toxins from your body. couldn't hurt. i know i'm rambling, but to be honest i'm slightly frightful about the next few days. i hope to make it to day 5. that seems to be the turning point for a lot of people. i'm not too worried about the sleep...i've never slept well. i will continue to post and listen to advice on this board because it's the only outlet i have. i really appreciate the responses.
Yes...you are expelling toxins when you have diarrhea,urinate and sweat.

We don't get enough Vit C,in my opinion.  I take 4,000 mg per day.

You're doing great!