what kind of vics

Someone asked me what kind of vics I take - 5/7.5/10 and I don't know.  How do I tell?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for the advice and I know you are right.  I have been reading for 2 days.  I guess I wouldn't be worried if I wasn't so depressed.  I know this is not me.  Do you think I will have physical withdrawals.  If so, I need to schedule that.  My husband doesn't even know I take them.  I didn't tell my doc about the alcohol problem back when and my husband wouldn't want me taking these pain meds because of that
Helpful - 0
Victoria,
What DOES make the difference is if you want to quit. I didnt mean to stress you by asking how many mg, I was just curious. Even if you are taking the 10 mg pills like I did, thats 30 mg per day. Still not a huge dose at this point. You are in  a place where your body/brain is just going to continue to need more and more due to tolerance. Believe me when I say, I know from experience. I still got high on 100 - 150 mg per day, but there are lots of stories here of people who get to the point that they have to take them to keep from being physically sick and NO high at all. I thank goodness that I didnt get there but baby I was on my way!
You have basically two choices. Keep using or dont. If you keep using the pills they will continue to take over your life. They have no soul, and they will try to take yours too. NOTHING will be as important as getting more. Relationships will be damaged or lost. Its just too predictable, unfortunately for us who become addicted. Read posts and journals, if you dont believe me, see for yourself.
If you chose to quit, it is hard, BUT it can be done. I suggest that you either get a counselor, join an NA group, or come here for support. This is not something easily done, and the support makes ALL the difference in the world. When you feel like taking a pill,. come here and post about it. You will be surprised how much others can truly help!
I know its not easy, but if you can, please try to trust me on this. What Im saying is true. I lived it. It sucked! Still does even 30+ days off the pills, but at least now Im actively trying to repair all the messes I made. Im glad Im not still in a dozey state being in denial, ruining my life and hurting more people.
Like I said, we are here, we know, we did it (the drugs). Takes one to know one, eh?
Come back as much as you can. It helps a tremendous amount. I hope very much that you decide to get your life back from the pills. Take care.
Peace~
Helpful - 0
I have looked all over the bottle and it is not on there.  Does it make a big difference?
Helpful - 0
it will be on the bottle as in 5 mg 7.5 mg 10 mg the higher number is the acetaminophen in the tabs
Helpful - 0
It is a script.
Helpful - 0
It is a script.
Helpful - 0
It is a script.
Helpful - 0
It was me who asked on the forum. The numbers are dosages, not really "types". Do you have a bottle or are these off the street? Im not being judgemental, I was trying to figure out how many milligrams you were taking in 3 pills per day. If you dont have a script for them, please be careful taking things if you dont know what it is exactly. Many people who sell drugs do not give one rips what happens to you once you give them the cash! I hope you decide to quit. We will be here if and when you need help. Take care.
Peace~
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community