Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

withdrawal from ethylmorphine

Well I can really use some help. I am a American living in South America and I have a history of opiates abuse.
All the opiates that are only by scrip in the US is also the same here but for one exception that I found. Its amazing when your addited to this stuff how good of a dextive you are. Ok I buy this otc cough stuff in liqued form called Novacodin its a 120ml bottle and in each bottle contains 190 mg of ethylmorphine. I am doing like 5 bottles a day so like 1 gram of ethylmorphine which is not as strong as morphine but a bit stronger than codine. Well I have tried to quit just a week ago I made a choice to quit so I metered down from 5 to 3 to 2 to 1 bottle and then none and the last 2 days with none was hell. I woke up this morning feeling so bad not eating for like 3 days so i went out and bought more. I only had 2 bottle todays to just feel ok but I know I want more. I am really scared because sometimes its hard to breathe. I have no body here where i live, there are no such thing as addition recovery centers or even hospitals that are familar on what to do for treatment . I was using catapres for the wd symptoms but I think I took to much last night and threw up! I still have no appite at all and I know my body needs fuel. I just bought some Trazodone 100 mg that I read helps taking at night. I just want to feel better. I do not care about the highs anymore but just to feel noraml would be a godsend. I must have cried for hours this morning feeling like a complete failure that I statred again. Thanks for listening
Randy
Hi Randy,

Sorry not sure what ethylmorphine is? Is it a opiate? If so you are going to have w/d's and they will last anywhere form 5 to 7 days. Feels like the flu x 10. Bodyaches, restless legs and arms, can't sleep, diarrhea, heart pounding, depression. Sounds like the taper was working. It will get better. Maybe telling a doc? Is that a option for you?
Keep posting, You are not alone.

Terry
I saw where you said you bought Trazedone, can you get that over the counter there. If you need to be awake in the mornings to go to work you might cut that in half i was on traz. for awhile 150mg twice a day, it can put you on your butt. I have no experience with drinking my drug of choice. Keep tapering it sounds as if it was working. try to get back to one bottle and just take a little often, but dont go over one bottle a day. then just taper that one bottle to 3/4 then 1/2 then 1/4 and so on. There will never be an esier time ti quit than now. Good luck were here for you just give us a yell
Ethylmorphine is a form of morphine. Its been so addictive . Thanks for the support I will try to get back to 1 bottle a day. I took 2 bottles today after being off for almost 3 days and I will try again with Trazodone. I just hate the withdraws and where I am I have no help. Once when I was in Panama where they have very good medical care they knew how to treat recovery. It was then I was buying tramadol over the counter they say its not addicting bull. I was up to 20 100 mg pills a day the docs could hardly beleive it but my body has a very high tolerance for any opiate. Well they put me up in a bed put me on IVs and gave me smaller and smaller amounts of tramadol and in 3 days I felt fine.
However where i am now I have not place to go. I wish I could do the IV thing myself because it really helps in getting off the opiates. I do not know why I am so easy addcited. I wish I could find a ssri that worked for me I was on Lexapro for a while and did really nothing as i am a very nervous type of person who just wants to feel normal.

Thanks for your support.
Randy
Ethymorphine ia really more closely related to codeine......and it is addictive. The trazadone will be a good help for sleep - I have used it and sufferred no hangovers and did get sleep.  If the SSRI's are not working for you i would advise trying the Amino Acid Protocols .... the 5-HTP is a precursor for the production of seretonin - the feel good chemical in your brain. Try it out - you cannot OD on the amino's as any excess is eliminated in urine and feces. Also watch nutrition in toto - take supps and vitamins if you arent eating properly. Most of us dont eat well when quiting the narcs. maybe also try L-Tyrosine for energy during the day ....I liked it a lot and it helped overcome the w/d lethargy's.  If you can acces valium or another benzo now would be the time to get some to get you through. And good luck - it can be done.....keep posting with questions or for support!  
I am sorry you're feeling so bad.  I hope you can tapper-down with the morphine and then jump off again.  Try to get the immodium,a heating pad,muscle rub,otc pain meds and hot baths.  You prob know all that stuff anyway.  I do know how opiates can grab-hold of a person.  so odd that something that's supposed to help can actually end up running our lives!!  Are there any shops that have a pharmacia in them where you could ask about what could help with W/D 's ?  Best wishes,post often and ask questions.

Ella       2-16-09 opiate free
Thanks a lot. Well I tell you this is more than codine it seems to hit the reward center of the brain a lot more than codine ever did. I like what you say about the aminos I need to see what they have here its not the US so its limited they do have some aminos here for body building so they might have 5 htp, they do have dhea that I have used before but that just gives a bit of energy. Oh how I wish I couldscore some Valium or anything similar its so hard here to get anything like that wheer I live. You know people think that in South America you can buy anything otc wrong! These countires look at all drugs as bad and anything that has to do with effecting the body like that is looked down upon here. But if your a coke user which I am not I cannot stand the stuff you can buy coke here for like $15 a gram! Crazy place.

I am thinking of trying to buy a IV kit and put myself on it for a few days that has always help in the past for flushing out the opiates. The whole vitamin thing I feel is right on when I was taking a super mega pack I never had a craving for drugs it kep everything well but its impossible to get those here and its really hard to piece meal what is in those buy buying everything seperate.
Thanks for your support.
Randy