Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

withdrawl

Hello
This may be a bit farfetched but is there any besides prescription drugs that can help someone with herion withdrawl.  This person and no it is not me is young and from what I have been told has been using just a short time but long enough to go through withdrawls.  We do not want to take them to the hospital and was just wondering if there other options.
I sense you are the same man who was asking about his son.  I highly recommend going to a medical setting, but with tha being said again,  There is NOTHING to help withdrawals that you can buy over the counter. The only thing is by prescription .   How old is this person?