Addiction Forum

I hope you know

Hi, I am currentlly taking suboxone and zomig. I recently took a hair test and was positive for barbituates. The hair test lab refuses to tell me if either could show as a barbituate. I really need an answer for mine and my duaghters sake. I am currently in a custody battle and this does not look good. I know thats all Ive taken I just don't understand how this could have showed up. I really appreciate your time.
                                                                                           Thanks,
                                                                                                 S
There is no barbiturate in either of those medications.  Suboxone contains buprenorphine, which can show up as an opiate on some tests, and naloxone, which is not a controlled substance and does not cross react in tests that I have heard of.  And zomig is a 'triptan' that has no narcotic or barbiturate in the formulation.  

Are you certain that is all you have taken?  One common migraine med that WOULD show a barbiturate is fiorinal;  another name is 'butalbital'.  
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.