Addiction Forum

Long term effects of ecstassy, am I there?

When I was 18 - 21 I consumed "x" like popcorn at the movies. I also sold it, so that made it more readily available.
(This was in the late 80's, and Houston was just gearing up for some real nightlife). I ate them like scooby snacks.
Now , I'm 41 years old, I have an 18 year old daughter (who has her head on straight - no drinking, no dope, no drugs,
no ******** - Honer Roll,and I'm proud of her.)

Anyway - The last 3 - 4 years I have turned into a crazy *** mood swinging beast. My blood pressure is controlled ( by pills of course), I'm healthy, and enjoy being around family, friends, and pretty much anyone.
I know this sounds stupid, but did I do some irreversible damage to my brain with all  that "wig"?
There are many long term effects associated with chronic abuse of ecstasy, however, since you have already quit it  long ago, let us focus on what you have . You are relatively healthy, you have a wonderful family and you now know how to take care of yourself. Be proud of what you have, cherish it, do your very best to take care of your body with the right food and moderate excersize, fresh air, etc. Enjoy your family. What is in the past can not be changed, you can only concentrate on your future now.
Good luck and stay well.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.