Addiction Forum

Pain pills suck

I am fixing to start major withdraw from hydrocodone and I have to be at work in the morning. If I go to the ER will they help me so I can be effective tomorrow? I take about 10 a day and I have been through withdraw I can't Handel it again. Thus time I want to be done
Unfortunately, there is no way for me to tell you what an individual ER cotor will do for you in your particular cituation.  Every one of them is different. It depends on their training as well as their personal approach and experience. I will tell you though what you will need to ask for and if they will give it to you, you will be in decent shape.
The basic technique is to space out the pills you take in a consistent manner until you take only one at night, then half at night and then none.You can try asking the ER physician to prescribe you some Requip for restless legs, Neurontin for overall malaise and distress, Clonidine for blood pressure and general anxiety control and maybe get some over the counter Valerian for sleep and sedation and Magnesium for muscle relaxation. Soma or Flexeril also would not hurt.
But, seriously, you must be completely committed to the goal of quitting.  I have written a blog that has rather detailed information about options for detox. If you click on my name and then click on blogs you will see one under that heading.  Take a minute to read it. I hope you will find it helpful.  
The main thing of course is the decision that you make and making it a priority in your life, because that will determine what your life will actually be and mean in the end.  I don't want to sound preachy but it is not a decision you make one day, it is a decision you will make every day for the rest of your life.  Good luck to you and take a look at my clinic website for even more info www.mdsdrugdetox.com
Hi, how long have you been taking the hydrocodone for?
Last June I came off morphine which I needed to take for my chronic pain,
but my brain kept sending me into withdrawal to up the dose.(I was on it for 4 years)
I tapered for 2 weeks and then I with my dr's advice, and the advice I received here, I began my detox.  Honestly, it took a good 2 weeks of physical withdrawal.I was so sick, couldn't sleep and had severe restless leg and anxiety.  I can't imagine working too, I think you need to rest. The next two weeks were better, but I definitely felt anxious and extremely depressed.
Good Luck,
let me know how you do?
Sue
Thank you!! I have abused hydrocodone for the past 4 years. I have detoxed before and stayed clean long enough for my liver results to come back good. I really have to get clean and stay clean tjis tome. I don't even know who I am anymore. I have to wait until I get my week off in Jan.(the first week), but I really want this!! I go through a 3 month prescription in about 2 to 3 weeks. We make good money and we are living paycheck to paycheck, behind on bills, because I am paying $5.00 a pill. I just want my life back. I will do what ever it takes!!
I took my last to this morning and have NO way of getting more till tomorrow. I work until 8:30 tonight and I am FREAKING!! I plan to kick this the first week if January during my vacation. I am going to go to the Dr. And be honest, pretty scared since I don't get them from the Dr. Never thought tjis would be me, and I am tired of this!! Is there anything I can do now so I can make it through the day?
I am at my Dr.'s office and he wants me to go into the hospital to withdraw. He doesn't understand that my JOB can't find out! I am on vacation starting Sunday so I can withdraw and he wants me to go today? I thought he would just prescribe me the things listed above and let me do this on my own.
How did you make out? I hope you are doing better but even if not, dont be ashamed to talk to someone. You can write me a private message if you prefer, thinking of you.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.