Addiction Forum

Picking on blankets

I have this addiction where I pick on tiny fibers on my blankets and sheets in times of stress. I have been having this problem as a child. I pick on the small balls of fiber and rub them around my knuckles and fingers and I get constant blisters. I'm so embarrassed, I'm afraid to even tell my own psychiatrist. I have been diagnosed with OCD, ADHD, anxiety, and manic depression. I have been on all sorts of medication but my doctor limited me to Zoloft. It's really hard to stop picking on my blankets and I don't know what to do...
It is extremely important to be honest wit your treating physician, especially your psychiatrist. How can s/he properly tailor your medication regiment if they are unaware of the actual severity of your symptoms?  The last think you should be feeling when sharing with your doctor is embarrassment. They are there to help you and trust me, they have heard it all! Blanket picking is tame by comparison ! Good luck to you.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.