lortab withdraw

I have been on lortab 10mg for 3 yrs 4x a day due to migraines, I had sinus surgery last year, since then I have been tapering off, I'm now down to 2x a day, I would like to know if I stop cold turkey would I have withdraw symptoms?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You are taking 20 mg of hydrocodone per day--- a low dose of narcotic.  To put it in perspective, oxycodone is 50% to 100% stronger, and a typical addict who comes to my office for help is taking 100-300 mg of oxycodone per day-- sometimes over 500 mg. So I would expect your withdrawal to be relatively mild.

BUT-- everyone hates opioid withdrawal, and even mild withdrawal is miserable.  You will likely experience a very strong desire to keep taking the medication, and an inner restlessness for days that cries out for hydrocodone.  I strongly encourage you to stick with your plans though-- the cravings WILL go away, probably in 2-3 weeks (the worst of it will be over after a few days).  By the end of a month you'll feel 100% better.
Helpful - 0
sounds good, I can deal with a desire to take it, as long as I don't have the sweating, unable to sleep, crawly skin as I've read. I'm pretty strong person, when will the little withdrawl start?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction Forum

Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.