Addison's Disease Community
177 Members
12778343 tn?1427211122

Addisons and hypothyroid doses

I take 5mg prednisone at 6 AM, and 150mcg T4 at 10 PM.  But if I exercise, I have to take an additional dose of 10 Mcg of T3 and 2.5 or 5 mg of prednisone.  Does this sound reasonable?
I just did 2 days as a ski patroller (cold weather, strenuous) and felt great with the added 5 mg of prednisone.  In the past, I've crashed at 3 PM.  I'm female, 145 lbs.  
Thanks

1 Responses
657231 tn?1453836403
COMMUNITY LEADER
I would up sodium? I would also stress dose in hydrocortisone and nor prednisone as prednisone takes an average of 4 hours to kick in while HC kicks in immediately and so you need HC on hand for emergency use.
Do you have an emergency kit with shot?
1 Comments
Thanks.  I'm Secondary Addisons so sodium is not a huge problem.  I use HC for short-term needs and emergencies.  I don't have an emergency kit since I don't collapse.  I just get low blood sugar, low blood pressure, and very cold (temps 95 - 96) and tired.
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
657231 tn?1453836403
Northern, NJ
Learn About Top Answerers
Addison's Disease Community
177 Members
198 Questions
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.
Why checking at new times can help.
Could you benefit from this alternative glucose testing method?