Addison's Disease Community
180 Members

Possible addison's - looking for advice

I have no sex drive, no appetite, and I never feel 'tired' per say, I sleep and eat because I should. In addition to this my ability to handle stress has rapidly declined in the past year or so, the mere sound of someone humming sends me into a corner hyperventilating. I am also finding it very difficult to concentrate, learn/comprehend things and retain knowledge, something that happened gradually over about a year or two. I don't know what to do about this, on a personal level I don't bear any of the hallmarks of depression, I socialize, I am technically happy with my life and where I am at, yet something isn't quite right. Any advice would be appreciated , in general I am wondering, if it sounds like I have addisons or perhaps some other endocrine anomaly? And if so how I might go about being tested for adrenal issues in general? Do you ask for a referral from your GP to see an endocrinologist? Is there a blood test that my GP could do to check my hormone levels? Any advice would be appreciated.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Lack of socialization to me points to low growth hormone.

Nothing you said or any tests you said point to adrenals. Low sodium and high potassium would point to that. I would see your primary care doctor for tests.