Adoption Community
542 Members

Advice regarding adoption

I would like to know if it's possible to adopt a two or three year old when you are aged 49 years old.  I have no children of my own and I have always thought about adopting but haven't gone ahead with it.  

I hope you will provide some encouragement and advice.

You can adopt at any age! You can usually apply and social services are sent to see if you are fit and able to be a mother. Just basic routine checks like cleanliness, some health questions etc. You should go for it! I myself am an adopted child and I have the best parents in the world. It surely is the best feeling in the world to adopt a child! Good luck with everything :)
This is kind of late but...I'm 53, gay and single. I adopted my first child 4 years ago and am starting the process to add to my little family. I'm a foster/adoptive parent in AZ so our laws are pretty broad.