Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
5855454 tn?1386960836

Embryo adoption

Has anyone ever done an embryo adoption? I am down to only a few options for fertility and this is one of them. I know a little of how it works but what was your experience?
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
961574 tn?1520648103
mhv
I have girl/boy twins.as the result of embryo donation.  Let me know if I can help in any way.  
There is a website Miracles Waiting that helps people donating with people looking to receive.  I know it cost for receipient 150.00 I believe). But if you find a match, it would be well worth the money, I would think.  I have a friend that found a match within a week. I think that is not the standard, but it worked for her.
Pved is another website you can look for matches on.
Good luck :)
Helpful - 0
5855454 tn?1386960836
Thank you. What was the adoption like for you? I hear it is just like a regular one except the pregnancy/birth part. The home inspection is what I worry about. I have a family friendly house and all but I have 2 cats 2 dogs. One dog is a great dane with an attitude about people she doesn't know. Would that put someone off for the adoption?
Helpful - 0
961574 tn?1520648103
mhv
I did donation, not adoption.  There is no home study needed.  Someone donates there embryos to you.  You have an agreement made up through a lawyer, and that's it.  :). Much much cheaper then adoption.  
We paid $600.00 to have embryos shipped from tx to Ohio, 700.00 for our lawyer and the donating lawyer combined, and cost of frozen embryo transfer. (We had fertility coverage, so only paid co-pay).  
A dog would be fine to me :)

I have not 1 negative thing to say about donor embryos.  I have 2 perfect wonderful, amazing 15month old twins through the process :). I got to be pregnant.  That was amazing!!

My donor and I have became wonderful friends too!  I think it is 100% awesome!  I am sure adoption would be the same, maybe just a little more labor intensive in the beginning.  I am not sure about all the details of embryo adoption.  Are you looking at snowflake adoptions??
Helpful - 0
961574 tn?1520648103
mhv
Oh...and I had 4 cats when we received our donation :)
Helpful - 0
560091 tn?1437051032
Not sure about embryo adoption/donation, but I had a home study done during my adoption and I had 2 dogs and a cat and there were no issues with it!
Helpful - 0
5855454 tn?1386960836
Thank you ladies.

Yes, I am looking into the Snowflake baby adoption. I am not even sure how to do it any other way.

It's nice to see you again Wits. I am really liking this site haha
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Adoption Community

Top Parenting Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.