Embryo adoption

Has anyone ever done an embryo adoption? I am down to only a few options for fertility and this is one of them. I know a little of how it works but what was your experience?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
mhv
I have girl/boy twins.as the result of embryo donation.  Let me know if I can help in any way.  
There is a website Miracles Waiting that helps people donating with people looking to receive.  I know it cost for receipient 150.00 I believe). But if you find a match, it would be well worth the money, I would think.  I have a friend that found a match within a week. I think that is not the standard, but it worked for her.
Pved is another website you can look for matches on.
Good luck :)
Helpful - 0
Thank you. What was the adoption like for you? I hear it is just like a regular one except the pregnancy/birth part. The home inspection is what I worry about. I have a family friendly house and all but I have 2 cats 2 dogs. One dog is a great dane with an attitude about people she doesn't know. Would that put someone off for the adoption?
Helpful - 0
mhv
I did donation, not adoption.  There is no home study needed.  Someone donates there embryos to you.  You have an agreement made up through a lawyer, and that's it.  :). Much much cheaper then adoption.  
We paid $600.00 to have embryos shipped from tx to Ohio, 700.00 for our lawyer and the donating lawyer combined, and cost of frozen embryo transfer. (We had fertility coverage, so only paid co-pay).  
A dog would be fine to me :)

I have not 1 negative thing to say about donor embryos.  I have 2 perfect wonderful, amazing 15month old twins through the process :). I got to be pregnant.  That was amazing!!

My donor and I have became wonderful friends too!  I think it is 100% awesome!  I am sure adoption would be the same, maybe just a little more labor intensive in the beginning.  I am not sure about all the details of embryo adoption.  Are you looking at snowflake adoptions??
Helpful - 0
mhv
Oh...and I had 4 cats when we received our donation :)
Helpful - 0
Not sure about embryo adoption/donation, but I had a home study done during my adoption and I had 2 dogs and a cat and there were no issues with it!
Helpful - 0
Thank you ladies.

Yes, I am looking into the Snowflake baby adoption. I am not even sure how to do it any other way.

It's nice to see you again Wits. I am really liking this site haha
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Adoption Community