Adoption Community
542 Members

Found my brother, who was adopted

I just found out I have an older brother who was put up for adoption by my parents when they were 16.  I found out about a year ago when my mom told me, however my dad does not know that i know. He is my full-blood brother, as my parents ended up staying together and later in life had me and my little brother.
It was a closed adoption and his parents changed his name, and i recently found it along with his phone number.
My mom wants me to call him, I checked if he has a facebook and he doesnt.  He is currently 27 years old.  I dont want to freak him out, or just barge on into his life...i simply want to make sure he is ok and see if he is happy.  How do I come in contact? I want to call him on the phone, but what do i say? I know some people are sensitive about adoption, so i dont want to hurt him.  Any suggetions would be great, becuase im really nervous/excited!
He knows that me and my little brother exist and that we are fully blood related.  apperently his reaction when he found out is that he thought it was cool.  

You should call him. Just explain who you are. Tell him what you told us you wanted to know about him. Good luck!
Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!
He will be delighted to hear from you. Don't deprive him of that pleasure.