Adoption Community
541 Members
How to find birth parents when you're adopted internationally
I am currently 17 years old and about to turn 18 within a few short months and I've been recently thinking about finding my birth parents.  When I was three I was adopted from Ukraine an area over by Odessa and that's all I really know. My parents are kind of hesitant on the topic and they don't know much about who they were.  I wanna know where I truly come from and know who I am, my golly I don't even know my birth last name.  When everything is written in Ukrainian you're parents don't even know the orphanage.  What I'm on about is I have no clue where to start and I don't even know my legality us citizen rights. My parents say I have partial us. citizenship with Ukraine but who knows what that means.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  I am young and open minded so no idea is a bad one thank you !!!!!