I want to adopt a child from Africa but I'm concerned about child trafficking.
I'm only 19 and don't plan to adopt anytime soon but I've always wanted to adopt a child, preferably from Africa. I know children from Africa have been in high demand due to celebrities and is now a trend. (I'm not doing it as part of trend. As an African American, I've always had a fascination with different African cultures as I search for my roots.) My concern is with African adoptions becoming a trend, child trafficking and pressure on women to give up their children has been on a rise. I want to adopt a child but I'm concerned about the children and if they were kidnapped or forced from their parents.
That's always a concern and I don't know if there is a way to ensure the child was not taken by force (physical or emotional). I would recommend consulting with Catholic Charities as they are very involved in refugee situations.